xisto Community
iGuest

Its Indy Rock And Roll For Me

I am absolutly loving the killers right now, they are so diffrent. But then now everyone seems to like them. I hate when things go main streem. I also love placebo!Finbar

First of all, its "indie". The killers have had a fairly fast rise to the mainstream. I first heard about them from cd101 THE alternative station (http://cd1025.com/). Many bands get dragged into the mainstream. If you hate bands being thrust into the spotlight, listen to bands that everyone should like, but doesn't. For example, They Might Be Giants. They have been around 23 years, have had 1 number one hit (birdhouse in your soul, february 2001, I think) and one grammy (best tv theme, Boss of Me for Malcom In the Middle). TMBG have released somewhere close to 10 cds now, not including alternate versions. The thing that pushes them away from the mainstream is the accordion... But see, you can't hate a band for going mainstream. I've known about the killers longer than most people; I heard "somebody told me" back in august. It was in the new artist launchpad on cd101, and they are almost always on top of the indie music scene. The reason I say you can't hate a band for going mainstream is *most* bands make music either for money or sex. There are a few true musicians, but this is the blatent truth. almost any band would gladly sign to a major label if it meant more money. Even the purists would because it would make touring easier.

Seriously, good music is good music. Who cares whether its mainstrea or not, as long as it sounds good and speaks to ya, then go ahead and like it...I'm glad the killers went "mainsteam" cuz the Mr. Brightside video is sick. And I'd rather here Mr. Brightside 1000 times then Gwen Stefanis new crap 1000 times. DAMN YOU GWEN! She's a true example of a sell-out mainstreamer. BOOO!BRING BACK THE SKA/PUNK GWEN!

I like the killers, I dont think they are awesome, except live, they are incredible live. I dont see a problem with mainstream, I just see it as I can now dance drunk with my friends at rock clubs as everyone knows it hehe.it is nice to say you knew bands before they were famous, like Bloc Party, the drummer went out with a friend of a friend so we knew them from a while before their rise to fame and I saw them in a local music shop which was cool.... and although I didnt know of them before they went big, Kasabian played in that shop aswell and my sisters best friend pulled the lead singer haha!

Yeah, it's really awesome to be able to say "Hey, I knew that band before anyone else!"I'm from Dallas, TX and I heard about this new band called Eisley about two years ago (http://www.eisley.com/). They came from Texas and they're really making progress in the industry. They've been on MTV2 and MTV, several music websites, and I believe that they have been on VH1.Tourmates have included Lovedrug, Hot Hot Heat, Coldplay, and Snow Patrol. I can't wait until somebody goes up to me and says "Whoa, I found this little band and bought all three of their CDs." so that I can stick in in their face and say "HA! I was at the CD store to get their first CD on the day it came out!"Indie music is life.

Seriously, good music is good music. Who cares whether its mainstrea or not, as long as it sounds good and speaks to ya, then go ahead and like it...
I'm glad the killers went "mainsteam" cuz the Mr. Brightside video is sick. And I'd rather here Mr. Brightside 1000 times then Gwen Stefanis new crap 1000 times. DAMN YOU GWEN! She's a true example of a sell-out mainstreamer. BOOO!

BRING BACK THE SKA/PUNK GWEN!

The problem is that some bands have a tendency to think less about their music and more about the money if they go mainstream.