xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
deviant youth

Straightedge A Healthy Way Of Life does anyone follow straightedge?

Oh, I dare say that I'm cool with not making appearance-based judgment calls. I've had it happen to me quite a few times (I'm not a straight edger, but I definitely don't fit in with the "social norms" so I know how much it stinks to be misinterpreted and pre-judged).Being straightedge is fine with me. I don't care what people choose to do to or with themselves as long as they don't try to shove it down somebody else's windpipe. Personally, I enjoy my life of moderation (a couple of beers here and there, for example) way too much to entertain any thoughts of joining up. *grins*

I see where you're coming from but saying that people who are straightedge force their beliefs on you is a generalization. Just because a few may try to force their beliefs it doesn't mean all of them will. If you don't like people who force their beliefs, using that logic then you wouldn't like christians(or any religion for that matter) because a few force their beliefs. Not all edge people have to listen to hardcore music and those who do, it may not make them feel depressed. Casual drinking does some liver damage even in moderation and can lead to bigger problems. Smoking weed, however much it's done is harmful as it can lead to lung cancer or other problems. Not having casual sex doesn't make someone completely depressed, many people would rather be in a loving relationship with someone and have sex with them rather than just a hookup. I do respect your views though, as I do of anyone elses. And yes, I know this is like 4 years after the post but I wanted to make my views known

-reply by Adam