xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rhodesian.dragon

Research: Really How Popular Are Blogs?

Do you maintain a blog?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

whenever im googling, i often stuble accross a blog, with a hit counter of maybe 15, even though its weeks old... one of those 15 is me, 7 of the remaining 13 probably someone who stumbled accross it by accident when googling, 3 of the remaining 6 are the bloggger himself proof reading for spelling mistakes, and the other 3 are his friend Bob.

Lots of people are bloging, even when they dont realy do anything that interests anyone.

Blogs of developers are interesting to users of the software, Blogs of rock-stars would be interesting,, (however i dont think a blogging rock star could be taken seriously, lol)

But when i find a blog from some kid names suzan, who blogs about goint to school, and the some guy blah blah blah blah... i just have to think... get a life, stop fooling yourself into thinking you have a life, my publishing your non-life, then aqssumign the 15 hits you h#get are by genuinly interested people.

Am i not right ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You do have some point but you are not entirely right. How could the majority of the people resist the offer Google is providing in the form of free registration with Blogger? A blog would seem much cooler than writing a journal with a pencil and everyone is blogging so why not keep up with the trend? I agree with you that most blogs are a waste of storage but this is only your opinions and you can't really do much about it as long as Google continues with what they are doing. The staff obviously know what they are doing but this is their bid to gain popularity with more users. If you don't understand what I'm saying, don't bother...

Blogger.com is nice, but one cannot reply to the comments other people leave him. I personally use livejournal for about a year now. It is, in my opinion, the best of them all and it’s also free. Livejournal supports communities too, a great way for people to find others with similar interests! Well, there are a thousand sites that offer bloggs nowadays… deadjournal.com, greatestjournal.com etc... In some of them one write about their life and stuff, but there are other blogs, much more interesting and useful. The authors of those blogs write about something specific, should it be technology, or art, or anything.

I think this is the age of blogs. This is the blog-era where everybody has a blog. Everybody but me. Although I do not blog, I hear a lot of great things about it... I have a blog account, but I never used it.My personal favorite blog is Google's Blogster. Most people think of "Life Stories" in blogs. In fact, this is not true. It is rather a personal website per se. It is happens to be so that everybody uses it only for Life Stories.In short, I can say I am just not a bloggy type person. However, by all means, I think blogging is a great idea, but when it gets to personal, I think it has to stop there... A blog is open for the public, so its content should be public-based, and not... yeah... It is not a diary.

I don't currently have a blog, but I plan on setting one up in the near future.Right now I just don't really know what I would put in there. Once I put more thought into it I think I will get one.

My first blog was a Diaryland blog. I signed up for it just to see how the stuff worked - this was quite a while ago. Years ago, in fact. I didn't really see the point of writing meaningless **** about my meaningless life though, so I kind of abandoned it. My second blog was made last year. Its also a diaryland blog.. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ if anybody wants to see it. It was inspired by Lucien's. We've known each other for a fairly long time, but I only really understood him after reading his blog. I don't really mind that nobody reads my blog.. Its just my thoughts, what I think of the world. Its private, and not written for the sake of being shown to others but for expressing my own feelings to myself so I can understand them better. Its just in blog form in case anybody who ever finds it may find it of some use.

I have a blog and it's on xanga. But I do post when I feel, it's not like I write every day. I just write just for the pleasure, that's why I joined xanga and my friends do have hehe. I read an article on internet that blog is a new phenominal on internet for young / teen people. As I live in Quebec ( Canada ), blogs are things that bring school down, because teens tell bad stuff about their teachers, they want to quit school and all that.

well, when i first posted in this thread, i didn't have a blog, but it's up now on my site-in-progress. so if you want to check it out, i have the link here. but a warning...there's really nothing interesting LOL. but if you still want to...here you go:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Ray J Gentry IV

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not that bad but you might want to chnage the text color for the "about me" section because it is the same color as the backgound.... :)

yeah, there's still a lot of work to do on it. dan and i just started on it and he's in california for a few days, so it's all on hold right now. i know basic stuff about web design but i'm gonna let dan get it done before i fiddle with it.

I dont have a blog because..I've never seeen the point of having one..and currently my life is pointless and meaningless...perhaps when that changes I will rethink until then I will remain blogless..it is rather interesting however that so many people have blogs..*takes note

I dont have a blog because..I've never seeen the point of having one..

and currently my life is pointless and meaningless...

perhaps when that changes I will rethink until then I will remain blogless..

it is rather interesting however that so many people have blogs..*takes note

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's good that you don't have a blog about your life... Personally I think that Blogs about people's personal life are poinless unless they are interesting people (ie Famous People). I think that Blogs should be about thing like Corporations, News, Polotics, things like that....

The Blog that I still have running is about the WWE and my opinions about their shows...

My WWE Blog

Well, it really depends. If you have a blog that is used to communicate with other people, then talking about your life is okay in a blog. For me, I used to maintain three blogs, one was a prose/poetry/free writing blog, one was for opinions on things, and one was about my life. Why I had a blog in which I wrote about my life (e.g. my latest post was on my new haircut and workday), is because that blog is a Livejournal, and it's linked up to all my friends' blogs, and Livejournal makes it easy to read your friends' blogs (with something called a friends page). So I use my Livejournal to talk about life, primarily because it is, in a way, akin to talking to my friends, informing them what's happening in my life, keeping in contact with them, since I don't get to see them everyday and don't like to chat online much. I, in return, do want to know what's happening in my friends' lives too, like recently my friend blogged that her father just got retrenched and she is worried about becoming the breadwinner of the family and money troubles, I mean, as a friend, it's just much more convenient when I can read these hard-to-talk-about or mundane topics online, comment on them, make people feel better, and be able to console her in real life come the weekend when we meet...I do agree that many blogs on life look pointless to people, but sometimes you also have to take note of the target audience, and whether that target audience really is reading the blog (in my case, yes).

I have a blog. I have a weird work schedule, so it helps to keep in touch with friends and such. My girlfriend is also away, so she can read it to help keep in touch as well. If you are thinking of making your own blog, its often best to use the service of friends, because that usually makes linking them easier. Otherwise, choose something like blogger, because of the features. Or, the best is to use something like wordpress and run your own blog on your own site....like your Xisto space.

I have had quite a few blogs and sometimes I totally forget about them, but I'm sticking to the one I have right now. I am using blogger which is an awesome service and I would highly recommend it for the novice and intermediate user. You need no knowledge of html (though it will definatly help) and they offer some good templates that can get you started. When I started the blog, I would use there costom templates but after a while i found it necessary to head out and find some new templates. You can edit the full html of your page which is a great feature if you really want to customize your page. There is also the little blogger toolbar at the top of the page that helps you get some hits since you can view the blogs just by clicking the view button. Anyway, for anyone who wants to start there own blog I would definatly recommend blogger or xanga.