xisto Community
Luna Dragon

Tetris Games

Okay, I've got to be the uber-nerdy one here and ask about Tetris. My question to everyone is this: what versions of Tetris have you played, and of those, which one remains your favorite???The classic version of Tetris is quite addicting, and it's my favorite way to kill time because I can easily get a high-scoring game. I think Tetrisphere (N64) was a unique twist, with all of the pieces wrapping around a sphere (and if you can figure out how it's physically possible, kudos to you). Tetris Worlds (PC and PS2) has a few more variations, with scoring based on how you complete certain tasks (for example, you get points if you can clear a row on a certain line, etc.). Tetris 2 (NES and Game Boy) was a little too much like playing Dr. Mario, so it's not exactly my favorite incarnation. Honestly, my favorite version would have to be Tetris Worlds because of the variations and the extra features that aren't a part of previous Tetris games.

I've played alot of them but my two most favorites is Tetris worlds on PS2 and of course the original. I like the PS2 one because of the leveling up and even though they altered so much new game styles most of them are actually kind of fun. Plus that game gets reallly fast and sort of keeps you hooked as much as the original.

Ha Tetris attack is indeed one of the greatest ive ever played, but my favorite puzzle game is without doubt Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo. Even though its not exactly "tetris" its still one hell of a addictive game, especially when your just sititng chilling with friends.

The gameboy version is the best. I play that whenever im in the bathroom. I dont like how they took a simple idea like Tetris, then made like 20 new version of it. They should have stoped after the first one.

I agree with Koel.. the Gameboy version was Great.. is was just a little ordanary, but it was fun. I played it al lot. Sometimes in the car when I didn't have to do anything.!

Tetris is one of my favorite games. I started playing when I read an article about how it changes the way you think. I play online, tetrisfriends.com. My favorite games are Sprint, Classic, and Battle 2-6 players. All of them are really fun. TetrisFriends are devevloping new game modes like Rally. I am not too fond of that mode. It confuses me. x.x

I never got into tetris playing,except when my girlfriend is playing,and i want to beat her at something....she doesn't play many games,only tetris and spider solitare...i don't say that i don't like tetris,i just don't like playing it,there are many more games that are waay better than tetris,like playing tower defence games and some strategies like Rome:Total War..if you like old school games like that,you should join kongregate.com and start competing with other people...and yes,they have tetris and tower defence games there ;)thanks...Eggie

Lol! I love Tetris. The first time I ever played Tetris was on my little purple gameboy color. It was the best game ever and I was really attached to that game. Today, I will occasionally go on TetrisFriends and play some multiplayer tetris on the computer. I like it because your opponents are sorted into skill level and there are ALWAYS people playing on that site. They have an integrated currency which is pretty cool since you can purchase new skins, challenges, backgrounds, etc.My favorite Tetris mode would have to be Sprint 40 Lines. I always like to challenge myself into beating my high score. My highest score is clearing 40 lines in a minute, 25 seconds. I guess it is a pretty good score as I was averaging 73 tetrominos a second. This game mode also helps me on multiplayer mode when I have to think fast.

I am not a big fan of tetris, but once a while I play it even these days, usually when I am born, but I am not seeking for top records, but usually just to relax, same as the other games, for example with cards, solitaire and it equivalents.I used to play Tetris much more years ago, especially on NES, but moreover, I like lode runner or diamond kings type of games :)

I am not a big fan of tetris, but once a while I play it even these days, usually when I am born, but I am not seeking for top records, but usually just to relax, same as the other games, for example with cards, solitaire and it equivalents.
I used to play Tetris much more years ago, especially on NES, but moreover, I like lode runner or diamond kings type of games :)

It is a great relaxer. Playing Tetris is not strenuous and does not take too much thinking. The only thing that I do not like about Tetris is that most versions of Tetris does not have a zen mode where the speed of the tetraminos do not increase.

I used to play tetris a lot. The first thing I played tetris on was an old gameboy that didnt have color and took four batteries to run. It's hard to believe how much technology has changed since the 90s. Anyway that is the only thing I've ever played tetris on besides facebook of course. I prefer the gameboy just because of how the buttons are placed to play the game. I dont like having to use the arrow keys on a computer.