xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spistols678

Best Content Manager Which is the best?

Best Content Manager  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

a content manager system (CMS) is for a website. it is usually a full friendly interface that lets you control the website - upload images, add news entries, create entire pages and edit the site basically. ... i think. they are very useful to people on the move with large websites to maintain.

you can go here to find out more about content management systems : CMS's

Notice from moonwitch:
Posts merged on users request :P

Even though there are more web pages than humans, there are still folks out there that don;t know how to make a site. In my opinion the easiest way to get a site up and to then manage it is Frontpage. Even if you hate Microslop it is easy to use to get started. If you can run a wordprocessor you can make a site.What comes next is the problem. It uses 100 little files to format a page. BUT you never get to know how it does it, where the references are, in order to make small changes.I would like to know what the next baby step is to add online decisions. And run a database.

I had been using Mambo, but it was so darn big that I deleted it and am looking for something smaller and lighter...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Xoops is small and awesome! To many people use phpnuke and Mambo anyways.

Use xoops today!

*im an unofficial xoops mascot* :P

What is the best content manager out there?

Answer is -depends what you want to do

Some are small in footprint (i. Siteframe and Xoops) orther larger.

Some will allow you to add module (phpWebsite and Mambo) other are all in one.

If you have only a small amount of space then I would suggest Siteframe, for more the Xoops, to emaulate an exisiting site then Typo3

Regards

I've seen plenty of sites that use php. Spacewaste's is one ..My question is.Can i make one like that using a Content Manager if yes then which one?

^^ I don't know about that one nag'.I prefer mambo because the wide range of features. You never know when you might want a certain aspect.--mik

Without doubt the content manager that is best is the one you make yourself! Just learn some php and how to use mysql and phpmy admin and it shouldnt take to long! I made my first own content manager just yesterday, and that was the same day I startet learning MySQL! Now im touching up the details. Its so easy that its remarkable that anyone would want to use a script CMS instead, mambo restrains you so much.Now I have an admin panal listing up all the sites I have and I can go edit each and every one. I am, as this cms you mentioned, creating a cms for a counter strike clan site, and when I get to it members will be able to add pcw results and edit there own profil and such, and I know almost how to do it. I startet learning MySQL yesterday, its that simple.Sure, it will take me months to make my content managing system as good as mambo, but what I can do is customize it to perfectly fir MY needs and moreover, MY design. Not some *BLEEP* theme ( I know you can edit it yourself, but your still very restrained).If you enjoy making webpages you should learn to use MySQL and PHP together, its not as hard as you might think! I voted Other since I prefere the ones we make ourself.