xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ebbinger_413

How's My Web Site Template? comments plz

Posted Image

this is what i came up with so far for my web site....the welcome image is actually in an iframe...and the links on the left will open up in the iframe...all the links have dhtl effects...which you can see by looking at the left nav bar...the first three images are what the button will look like...and the last images are the mouse over effect...all it does is put a little arrow to the left of the words...it does the same thing with the top nav bar as well...

so what do you guys think...i could use some comments...be gratefully appreciated...

thanks to killer008r for template idea...and modding chs image !

also...chs used to stand for clintonville high school...but now thas gone...it is no longer going to be the schools web site...

so i need some idears on what chs should stand for...

got no help so far...all i got is classic hetero sexuals (thanks dad :rolleyes: ) and christian heretic society...both are crap and not what i had in mind...

but any comments will help...thanks

One quick opinion, since you look like you're on your way to having a really great template, is that your navigation bar words (the ones on the left) are really not that easy to make out. It's the font, I can't really read it unless I squint. You might want to make them slightly bolder?

yes...i have noticed this...what resolution are you running at tho...because with 800x600 and 1024x768 i can read it just fine but with any resolutions higher than 1024x768 it gets fuzzy...i have been contemplating on whether or not to have resolution specific pages, but some browsers dont support it...and that is not font it is an image created in paint...:rolleyes: i am very talented in paint :) - i just edited picture :)

for some reason i couldnt find the edit button to add something to my last reply...

but anyways...i quick uploaded what i had to Xisto... my site
so you can kinda see it in action...

i got three text links for asta host...one in the splash/welcome screen when you go to the site...and two that are always on the page...as you can see in the picture...

there will be a counter by the link at the bottom...or maybe i should put it under the right nav bar - what you guys think ?

also there will be a live clock either in orage, white, blue, or green above the right nav bar...in the little space thats there :rolleyes: made for it :)

anything you guys think i should change...im workin on fixing the problem readin the nav bar but it might take a bit...seeing as i have to change all the pics...and im working on a few other things at the same time as well

The only thing wrong I see besides the navigation fuzzy text is that there is jaggyness between the buttons up top. Other than that your layout is pretty good, cant wait to see the final product!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah i see what you mean...i edited these pictures at school using paint...seeing as we dont have photoshop or paitnshop pro like i do at home...that is one of the other things i am workin on yet...but its an at home project thing...lol...that is minor...only a couple seconds to fix thas all

srry again about edit problem...button seems to have dissapeared on me...anyways...that problem is fixed already :rolleyes:...if you click the link that i put in my second reply it will take you to my site and you can see a better picture of what it looks like

great, but it also depends on the purpose/theme of the website. what about

'Chocolate Heating System'

ah, well, the template doesn't really match with that... I agree with chiiyo on the buttons, but maybe it's bigger (so easier to read) in 'real-life'. :rolleyes:

i also like the Xisto.com links, another happy customer like me :)

*do* post the final product, if you change anything.

Hmm. I'm viewing it at 1024x768, and I'm looking at the site url you passed us in your second post, but I still think your left navi bar buttons should be made clearer. It's a cool effect, but it's really tough on the eyes. You might have to sacrifice some of the coolness for better readability.

yes, well as to the meaning of the site...it is just basicly dhtml/java script/other gamesand yes the buttons are a little fuzzy...but i can make them out just fine...maybe because i know what they say :rolleyes: i dont really want to get rid of that effect because i really like it...but idk...ill have to mess around with it a bit when i get photoshop back on my computer :) i want it to look good...not as it would with paint :)i will update if i change anything :)

Your lucky I didn't take that idea when I had the chance (you know instead of giving you the CHS part I could have just gont scrue you and kept it.) but, oh whell I guess I will have to make my own site by scratch now... shoulden't be too hard :rolleyes:. Nice by the way (You know why I'm saying nice? Because I made some of it lol)

A few things:1. Its too dark for my taste and I really don't like the green/black combo, but to each his own I guess2. Did you use "motion blur" on the text? Because like people said before, its hard to make out, make the buttons more visiable so people know where they are clicking! :rolleyes: 3. Compeletey from an artisitc point of view, your site has that time thing on it... its orange which clashes horribly with the background (however its not your fault as the problem isn't present in the template itself.)4. I LOVE the mouse over effect, its subtle things like that that makes a website great.5. You have two sets of buttons, but some of them repetats itself, that is a little unncessary? (i'm not sure I guess the bigger buttons get more attention?)6. Its cool the character is popping out of the template, gives it a more alive look to it7. Make the "Welcome" text a bit bigger, more noticible8. Other then those small things mentioned above, its a very nice template, I can't wait to check it out once its fully working

ok yes yes and yes...the buttons are hard to read i know that...but since i love the way they look so much...im keeping them that way...instead i created another mouseover effect...you hold mouse over and it will bring up little box saying what the button is...

and yes...i know there are two sets of buttons...i have been contemplating on what to do with that...and i think that i am going to change it so that non of them repeat and that the main info type pages are in the top nav bar and everything else is sorted in the right nav bar...

yes the welcome pic is small...i dont know if i want to keep it or scratch it...idk...i love the blur effect on the buttons tho...but i dont want to make them bigger...maybe just the welcome pic bigger or sumtin...idk...i have been messing around in photoshop 9 lately

and yes i love the mouse over effect with the buttons as well...and i came up with another effect that killer008r really liked...it was a page curl effect sorta thing...but i didnt keep it...idk..i might put a little test thinger on the site to show you guys...then you could tell me if you like it or not...idk

i have updated a few things on it right now...added a bunch of games and flash animations in the files page...and added links to pages for most of buttons...but i am still working on it and got a ways to go...might take another week or so...

you might have to refresh on some of the pages to get some of the new stuff to show up...idk why its doing that..but w/e

also...let me know what color i should change the clock to...or if i should get rid of anything from the clock like the month/day or w/e...and tell me if you like my splash screen :rolleyes:...or if it gets annoying as jimmy johson said...but w/e

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE GREAT COMMENTS

...also...i need some help figuring out what to put on my main page...the page with the welcome picture...i was thinkin of like sumtin of the week...or w/e idk...im not exactly sure where to put everything either...but i did update my site some more...staff page up and running...and files page - added a few more games/movies