xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Site Down...

Nope. Seems like we are experiencing a server outage. Everyone's complaining about site-downs and not being able to log into cPanel. But this is only temporary. Such a stage never lasts for more than a couple of hours and is corrected as soon as the server techs. are informed. Nils has already mailed them - should be up anytime soon.Please bear with us till then :rolleyes:

My site is down also...

Nope. Seems like we are experiencing a server outage. Everyone's complaining about site-downs and not being able to log into cPanel. But this is only temporary. Such a stage never lasts for more than a couple of hours and is corrected as soon as the server techs. are informed. Nils has already mailed them - should be up anytime soon.
Please bear with us till thenĀ  :rolleyes:

Not more then a couple of hours? My site was down since 10:00 am it's now 4:30 pm and my site is still down... that seems to me more then a couple of hours... :) I just hope that this is not a typical thing for this host or I will be looking for another...

Hey, easy... calm down... this happens sometimes... my site is also down, but it isn't big thing for me... besides this is first "large" outage for some time... and probably technicians are already trying to make it running - so we should wait and everything would get back to normal... :rolleyes:

dude chill out, this site is offering quality FREE hosting for you, all you have to do is make a few quality posts not that hard is it?so don't complain its not like the mods/admins can do anything about it complaining isn't gonna help sit tight let the techies get to it and once its fixed its fixed, you'll get charge 1 credit per day, big deal, you can make that up in just one post see? right here I probably already made one credit (Mods don't smite me, I ain't spamming for credits)

Dream is correct, the hosts of this are VERY generious, and by providing their services for free, most sites charge 10-20 bucks a month for letting you have a private domain. So instead of complaining you should just be calmly waiting for them to get the server to work. Not to mention you can always make stuff on your site better. Infact I just made a starting template, got tips from kids in school for what I should chage in it, changed it, make more questions, and made a final draft of what I'm going to make my site look like. (If your already done with your site you can edit stuff and make more cool java script and stuff like that)

Sites and Host Boards are back UP!We are sorry for the trouble thid may have caused. This was the first major downtime we had, during this time, support was still available on IRC, and messengers, your sites were affected for a very short while, it was here that was affected the most.Thank You, For your co-operationTrekkie

Okay guys - here's the problem brief. Yesterdays over 12 hours outage hasn't got anything to do with Xisto. Asta is hosted on a server named Rhino - which underwent a kernel upgrade yesterday. But some fool very conveniently managed to compile a bad kernel and replaced the original working one with it - as a result of which, the whole filesystem of that server became read-only. Hence, all those problems.. but surprisingly the hosted sites were working fine... only the board went completely down. They'd informed us about it yesterday morning - but by then the deed was already done.. so there was no way for us to put up a notice on the main asta page about our impending downtime (coz by then the filesystem was already readonly... lol) ... $hit happens :rolleyes: But what really matters is, all's well that ends well...We're back up with full force + the page loads seem to be a little faster now - so everythings for the better :)