xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chiiyo

Photoshop CS2 Opinions? Is it worth the upgrade?

I know I'm a bit slow about this, apparently it was released on April 5th, but does anyone have any opinions on just specifically Photoshop CS2?

I currently own Photoshop CS (bought it at educational pricing), and to buy CS2 as an upgrade will still be around S$299, which is quite a bit for me...

Looking at all the new features didn't get me all excited, except maybe the WYSIWYG font preview (which is super overdue, I think), and the new and improved file browser called Bridge, and MAYBE the whole Vanishing Point thing (which I don't forsee myself using much, really.), but other than that, I don't see how the upgrade would be worth the money...

Anyone has it already? Or any other opinions on CS2? Anyone upgrading? For now, I think I'll hold onto my money first, and wait maybe for CS3...

Actually i though Adobe Photoshop CS2 will be coming out on May 30th (I read that on the adobe store website and it says you can pre-order it now). But yes some of the features don't seem that great to me, but they may come in handy in the future, but i'd like to wait and see. I really think they new add-on is mainly for photo, manipulation or to correct your images. I really like the lookf of the improved healing brush and the quick red eye direction, it'd help me heaps in my work. Personally i can't wait for it to come out.I'll probably buy it if i have enough money, and it all depends how much it will cost over here in Australia. But it's looking like a very nice and helpful add-on. I might even think of pre-ordering it, if i do i'll let you guys know how it preforms and handles, but personally i'm quite excited about this.BTW: someone correct me if it's already out as chiiyo said on April 5thSilent

I wonder what would be the anti-piracy measures this time around....frankly im too young to earn to be able to afford the tag on that.

heh, i don't think it seems to be worth it. here's another link for the overview on what's new: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Generally, nothing really big is changing...again. Truthfully, in my opinion, the last few upgrades from Adobe weren't all that spectacular lol. It's been the same thing since version 6.0 ...simply small changes that "most" people can live without =P

cool i personally like the image wrap in the new features of the photoshop cs2. it saves sooo much time for me to do it manually myself. and now they probably have cutting my the time for doing that sort of thing. well i dont think its really worth the money if you already have the photoshop versions before. its just a few more feautres on this one which you can do manually, its would probably save you money but with a little less features than the new one that is currently coming out.

I don't know if CS2 is worth it or not, I haven't tried CS LOL. I do intend to switch to CS when I get a new pc, mainly because I like some of it's newer features (compared to 7). What I do think of as nice is the image wrap, the new filebrowser and the font previewer. It would certainly save me a lot of time. What I do wonder about is CS2 will have/has a built in gif animator, wouldn't that go to Image Ready? But if it's faster then I am all for :rolleyes:

CS had a bunch of nice things for photographers and such. CS2 has more straight up image editing features, such as the perspective filter/effect. It also has lossless resizing and a number of other very nifty features. Really, its a much much better upgrade than CS1

Personally, I feel there is no need for an upgrade with such a huge price tag, or at least wait for a price drop before buying it. When I upgraded to CS I had to work several projects to save up enough for it and personally I feel CS itself is good enough and it already has enough feathers to get you going. More stuff is just overkill and probably takes up a bit more system resources then just plain CS (Pure speculation, don’t quote me). CS itself already run pretty sluggishly on my PC and it’s a nice one…In a nutshell, don’t do it

I have CS2, which happens to be my first version of Photoshop....So, unfortunately, I can't tell you the improvements over CS. I can tell you that I'm very pleased with it, and I've never used such a powerful program with such a small learning curve. I have very few problems with it, other than the learning curve.I wish it had a "beginner's video tutorial" that showed you some basics. The written tutorials included with it are brief and confusing to a newcomer, and looking on the internet is time consuming.Other than this, I find it worthy of a good review.

I am sticking with CS1. Frankly I haven't needed a new version of PS since about 6.0. Only reason I have it is because work paid for it. Even GIMP now does 95% of the things I need, except read photoshop plug-ins. There are a couple key plugins I use on a weekly basis.

I like CS2 better. I like the warp and vanishing point best, as well as the other new features. I hope to upgrade to CS3 when it comes out, if the company pays for it.