xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Subaru

.hack// Game Series--your Thoughts?

Being a fan of .hack//sign when it aired on TV a couple of years ago, I got sucked into the whole .hack//gaming series that was spawned from it. I love the games, but what adds to my interest in them is you get the feeling that you're playing an MMORPG when you're really not. It's hard to explain if you haven't played one of them before, but either way..They're quite interesting. :rolleyes: Any thoughts about it?

The .hack// game series is for the PS2. The titles of the 4 games in the series are:.hack//INFECTION, .hack//MUTATION, .hack//OUTBREAK, and .hack//QUARANTINE.Each game comes with an anime DVD that goes along with the plot of the individual game. You can pick them up at Walmart, EBGames, Amazon.com, etc...

.Hack is like one of the best games I have ever played, even though the concept for the game came from a TV series and most games like this never really make it, this game managed to make it probably due to the fact that it simulates a MMORPG as well as completes the story to .Hack//Sign, it almost seems like when you play this game that it is actually taking place online. Now of cource if you do not own these games and are trying to aquire them it has become extremely difficult to came across them expecially .Hack//Mutation for some reason this came has become one of those games like Suikoden 2 that are almost never found and if it is it goes for a really high price.

You're right if you're trying to buy them anywhere but online. Like I mentioned above, you can get them at Amazon.com and several other online places. Wal-mart usually carries the 1st in the series and the last on a regular basis, and EBGames usually has the 3rd and the Last, and sometimes the 2nd.

I'm currently in the middle of playing through .hack//INFECTION and it's pretty fun. In fact, I'm now convinced that it's a very good thing I don't play any actual MMORPG's or else I would never leave my computer and fail out of school :rolleyes: So far, I'm really enjoying it. The only things that annoy me about it are how the speech balloons of the characters get in the way during battles, so that I can't see properly to be able to effectively fight the monsters. And the girls talk SO MUCH! I seriously hope I'm not all cutesy like that when I talk online because it's absolutely ridiculous.I'm going to try to find the other three, as soon as I finish this one. The fact that there's a DVD that comes with the game is a really cool bonus, IMO. It adds a lot more depth to the story, and gives you a better understanding of what you're trying to achieve in the game.

my thoughts on the .Hack// series? First off, I just like the storyline and setting. Anyone who has played the game knows what if talking about. Secondly, its particular style of stratagy/real-time fighting is probably the best of said style that I know. Personally, I think it was a mistake on their part to not let you decide at the beginning of the games what type of character you would be, but it is not that big of a deal. The graphics are good enough, and there are plenty of different styles of dungeons and monsters to keep you occupied. All around, it was an above average game, but by no means the best I have played. And yes KitKat, all of us MMORPGer's are horribly addicted, and spend many an allnighter chatting and attempting to get those last million experience before the next level LOL

Pulling all-nighters, eh? I used to do that in Highschool, but once I got into college I had to use my time a little better. :P You're right about the Speech balloons. They do post a bit of a problem when you're playing, but after you've played the games long enough you just sort-of overlook it. You think the girls talk too much? :P I think it's a nice change of pace. Most games have male characters yakking their heads off leaving you to sit there wishing they'd just shut-up already so you can get on with the game.

I've finished all the .hack// Series already! Its quite fun, although the camera angles seriously need to be changed... Or at least swivel faster... Its storyline is a little confusing as well... You will have to do some research if you want to find out more about it... Two thumbs up to the .hack// series!