xisto Community
Leppy

Need Help Hosting Music dont know where to put this

i dont know where to put this, so move it if you need.i was wondering if anyone could tell me how i could host music so i can hotlink it for my myspace.com profile? i cant figure it out. i dont know a thing about making websites. i dont really want a website, i just want a place to host music for me to use on myspace.thanks

i just host the music on a website somewhere.. and then i take a player from another site that uses a different song and just change the website where it gets the music from and prestooo... you have the Music you want.

something i do but that wouldnt be available for everyone due to bandwith issues, i basically run all my music from a server ive made at my house, and it not only hosts files for download but also my shoutcast radio server. How this is done does take some setting up, you need to set up an account with no-ip.com (free) and download a program that runs on your pc and updates with no-ip server your ip address information and allows you to put your dynamic ip along with a static web address and allows you to link to certain areas of your pc.. also you can use this to conrol you server remotely using other software with the same concept... ie, spinefan03.servebeer.com goes to '068.myip.076:8000" and accesses my radio (yes it works, great 90's alternative music)

But!!!... if the music is yours, you can open an account in http://download.cnet.com/windows/ an upload 50 mb of your music (50 per artist) and use the download link...

There's an exact topic on:

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/83154-topic/?findpost=1064298294

Please do a site search before openning new topics.. that way everyone's problems will be solved easier and faster!!!!!!!

G Luck!!!!!