xisto Community

Windows Paint... thats all I have to say lol. Best program ever. Nah I'm kiddingMe, I'm an Adobe guy, I've used every version of Adobe since 5.0 was released (and yet i'm still dumb at it). I've used Paint Shop Pro and Coral Paint etc and Adobe Photoshop is by far the best. The best Photoshop would be 7.0 or 6.0 CS and CS2 I think arent as good. I dont know why but 6 and 7 are by far the best.

Paint Shop Pro definately, it's just the best in it's kind I think. Easier to use then Photoshop and cheaper, some say that Paint Shop Pro is the little brother of Photoshop, but I think it's the other way, Photoshop just isn't as good as Paint Shop Pro. -=jeroen=-

I have been learning with a program called GIMP at https://www.gimp.org/ which is currently at version 2.2.17. I use it to edit my photos with the included plugins but you can always find more online. You might also have to download the 'help manual' and the 'GTK+ 2 Runtime Environment' from the following location. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I use this software to create my flyers, convert photos to black and white, add borders, resize and layout for printing, and modify text using different layers. I create own templates of various print/resolution sizes, add guidelines, and custom layers. There are a lot of exporting options which are great for graphics projects. You can use the included plugins or download more online. There are not as much tutorials online as Photoshop but at least the software is free.

I recommend this software if your on a budget or if you are learning how to go graphics / photo editing.

I have an Olympus camera that comes with an photo management program call 'Olympus Master' which can also be downloaded from their website for free. If you haven't bought a camera yet, buy one first cause it might have a bundled images management program with all the editing/manipulation features you desire.

Other software i've tried are Pixela, Picasa 2, Paint.Net. They are also free aswell.

I hope the suggestions help.