xisto Community
ebbinger_413

BIOS Chip how do insert

im good with computers...compared to most people i know...i dont go bragging bout it tho cause i know that im nothing compared to everyone else...i recently got a motherboard and was missing bios chip...i was able to get a bios chip from the teacher at my school from the same motherboard but i dont know what way it goes in...i know that if you put it in wrong way the computer will beep...but i put it in both ways and it still doesnt work...could it be something else?also is there any other way to know what way the bios chip goes in...like an arrow or something?thnks

In order to answer this question properly you need to tell what kind of motherboard you have and the type of biod chip. Without that information it is hard to even know if the chip will work with the motherboard. There is a good website that will give you a lot of information about how to do things like replace your bios chip. The link to the site is below.

https://www.pctechguide.com/

If you would like me to help you with this, just let me know. I need to know what type of board and bios you hve though to help.

Rodney Lay

I've just looked at mine, and there should be only one way to put it in.As a picture says more then a 1000 words: But I don't know how you managed to get it in the socket in 2 ways.Another interesting thing to know, does the mobo or the hardware on it actualy work ? I mean, there can be a lot of reason why it would beep, bad/no cpu, bad/wrong configured mem, ....