xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JaVe

3d Bobsleigh The idea was a spaceship?

Ok, it took me a whopping hour (with distractions) to create this image, model it and fully render it and I think that I've made some progress now, by separating parts I can actually do meshsmooth on the parts I want!!!:angry: Yippie! That is a major advancement, plus I now have overcome one of my biggest problems = lighting! I used to have dull looking scenes but after I looked at the environmental lighting vs. the floor's reflection I got the desired effect - I always went into the environment menu place but always overlooked the environmental lighting. Even though my modelling skills are not picobello yet I think I am making a significant amount of progress. What do you think about the actual modelling and lighting? :blink:/:ph34r: - Be honest but remember I am still a super newbie...

Here's the link:

CLICK FOR IMAGE

I use 3ds, I'd like to use c4d as my friend uses it and he gets amazing results - but as i experiment i see that i can get quite good results too. Just keep trying 3ds - it's hard real hard but understand the basics and u'll be happy.

I got 3ds a couple days ago, but I really have no clue how to create anything from scratch. I like it, but it would be better if the sleigh wasn't cut off at the bottom. I really like that it has the glare from the light, it blends well with the picture.

That is really likable considering that you're a newbie.

You should now really focus on smoothing out the edges. Add some flooring effects. That would really enhance your design. The basic layout of this looks pretty neat.

Once you've completed work in this, you could work on some background modeling (like rocks, or anything for that matter). That would really make the whole image look brilliant.

If I were to rate this, I'd give it a good 8.5 on 10. Good job!

Nice job, even tyhough I have no idea how hard it is to make an image like that I can imagine it to be quite tricky. From the look I'd give it about a 7/10.

That's not bad for a newbie. I wish I had some sort of 3d program to play around with. When I first saw the pic though, I gotta admit, I laughed really hard >_>I dunno, I was expecting it to be really really tacky and BOOM, it's red, black, and plain. >_>But really, it's not bad. I'd never be able to make anything like it =)

Thanks for the comments, but, i've been working on my lighting and i quickly whipped up what was meant to be a futuristic motorbike (didn't have room for the seat i later realized) =

Posted Image

Posted Image

And damn, my lighting skills are impressing me and my texturing is getting better...whatdo you think/.?

And several hours later i completed my greatest project - my smooth bike. I tried to get is as sleek as my motorbike before the robot and i did - even better now. The lighting is improving everytime and so is the result. What do you guys give my latest bike?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

oooh...nice.I think your stuff could really be good with more detail. It would all look pretty sweet if you ask me.I thought the robot was cute. >_>There's only one thing that's really bothering me though. Your last motobike thing, it looks good, but the wheels are weird. Like, the things connecting them and stuff....I dunno. Just seems a little fake. But overall, it's good.

You guys are good with that program... I downloaded it about a month ago then right when i opened it and saw all those buttons i said... screw this and closed it then uninstalled it after looking for it for over an hour.

You see, those 'things' connecting them I don't know what theyre called but in them are little plasma motors, the bike doesn't need chains. It's driven by um, plasma and nuclear stuff! :angry: I like to use my imagination. I know it looks fake but think of plasma and stuff :blink: