xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
saxsux

Hi Everyone! Im new

Hi all :PI just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.After seeing the standards of free hosting you provide, I thought I couldn't turn the prospect of PHP, Perl, cPanel, email FTP, 5GB bandwidth and 150MB of space - so here I am.Hope I stay here longer than 10 posts, and develop friends with you all, saxsux :P

Hey saxsux~ Welcome to Xisto~ I'm kinda new here too, but seeing how your first post is not a one-liner already, I think you'd probably stay here quite a bit.. *wink*I don't think there's a custom of having introductory posts here, so just pick a topic and plunge in, make your first few posts good ones and have substantial and useful replies (my motto is be sincere, if I really have something valuable to add to the discussion, then I will reply... sounds like the criteria for class participation in my courses... =_=) you won't have much problems getting hosted here!

Hey. Thanks for the advice. I was a bit worried, at other forums I've been to they go really hostile if you start off without mentioning who you are etc.I'd better go off and get posting then :P

Hi there. Welcome to the Xisto forum! I think it's really nice that you took the initiative to introduce yourself. In fact, I suggested to the Xisto staff that we start a "New Member Meet 'n Greet" forum a few days ago. If we're lucky, the admins will create that forum soon and have the posts count towards member's credits. Anyways, if I can offer you one bit of advice, it would be to read the rules and the TOS (yeah, they are a little dry, lol). Then you'll find that you have a much better chance of getting hosted sooner. :P

I was expecting there to be a "welcome" forum, actually. All the forums I've ever been to have all had them, so it feels a bit odd here.Thanks for the advice, I read them and I'm hosted already! Yeah!I was never expecting it to be so fast, I thought I'd have to wait for ages for them to check my application, but they didn't! I'm loving this host!

Hey everyone!I just thought I'd jump in on this topic to introduce myself as well. I ended up here because I'm planning on learning anything and everything about making webpages and such this summer, and this seemed like a good place to be able to read and learn from the collective wisdom of those much more knowledgable in these matters than I. Also, I was quite impressed with the quality of discussion and standards that are upheld here. So, I'm hoping this will be a good community to be a part of (although signing up for a forum right now in the middle of my exams was probably a very ill-advised strategy on my part....)