xisto Community
iGuest

Halo Vs. Halo 2 which one do you like better?

Yes, I agree when I played halo 1 I was addicted from the start of the hype to the end of the hype. When Halo 2 came out, I played it for a good two months before I realized I didnt like this version as much as I did Halo 1. And this is coming from a point of view where I played mostly against people Online on XBOX live. Usually the gameplay replay factor would be a lot better when you can play against people online. But it feels to me that I enjoyed Halo 1 much more than I am with 2. Very odd it seems because there are so many features in Halo 2 that it should seem that I would like Halo 2 more. Well, I guess Ill slip Halo 2 back in to see what happens...haha, cya...

Well I think Halo 2 is better because there are more levels, more options but there might be Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo 5 Halo 6 and Halo 7 Also Halo 1 is quite easy because there are 10 levels, less stuff. But some other games are cool like Soldier Of Fortune and there are more games that are cool :P

Halo 2 is actually the ONLY game I ever purchased for XBOX. The multiplayer is so addictive and fast paced. One of the most satisfying things about the multiplayer on Halo 2 is destroying all those budding nazi twelve year olds. Seriously, has anyone noticed how that game seemed to attract the most racist little kids? But anyway, honestly, the only differences between halo 1 and 2...1. DUEL WEILDING!!2. Hijacking vehicles3. The Chief runs slower4. The Chief jumps higher5. The Chief's Shields recharge faster6. The Chief can jump from ANY height and hit the ground running w\o a problem. (unless you're jumping off the level)7. There is actually a DEFINED BOSS instead of just a crazy finale. (I personally like Halo 1's single player more, and specifically like Halo 1's ending more.)

Halo is defiantly a better game than halo 2.1. Vehicles were Weapons! And were more fun to drive. They ALL had less movement constraints in Halo 1. Warthog: bounce, slide, jump, sharp turns, wild spins, full throttle sounds, more dirt smoke, sharper look Generally it looked and drove more like a truck than a compact car. How are you supposed to rundown and smash enemies in a vehicle that blows up when you crash it.Tank: More agile, better controls and viewing perspective, much faster, could climb better (although the machine gun sucked)Ghost: jumped higher, more control, tricks were possible, more practical look (less cheesy)Banshee: IT COULD HOVER.... More control, faster, more maneuverable, sleeker look.2.IN HALO 1 YOU DIED INSTEAD OF YOUR VEHICLES!!! Who wants that type of realism in a sci-fi shooter. Having invincible vehicles makes it more about you staying alive and destroying the enemy rather than keeping your vehicle from blowing up and having to walk around the expansive yet limited maps(walking is slower in halo 2 and the walking sounds are better in halo1)...theirs more strategic and action packed game play possibilities when you don't have to worry about your vehicle blowing up. ITS SIMPLY MORE FUN!!! Improvements that could have been made for halo 2 vehicles: only when you lose your all of your armor and die while in the vehicle, should they blow up...For Halo 3 Bungie needs to give the player the ability to SELECT the, Spartan armor styles, weapon settings, vehicle models and control styles. All three games need to be given their due in the final chapter of halo....This is important so hardcore fans and newbs alike can enjoy all styles of game play. Classic mode, Revisited mode, and Final Mode, should be available, that way everybody will get the halo experience they were looking for. I want the option to drive a Halo 1 warthog wearing the classic master chief battle suit. And nobody say that its to much work...not only is this the final installment in the halo series, its coming out on 360.HALO Combat Evolved Pros:3. Landscape is more vast and alluring, the background is amazingly beautiful and sharp.4. Indoor level structure is more practical, immersive and clean.5. Indoor skins are higher resolution up close and have better lighting6. The structures, shapes, patterns, colors, holograms, symbols misc. junk all complement the scale of the maps, the mood, scenery, and the overall alien environment. (it was like traveling through a giant microchip...actually that was the Idea but most people don't get that.7. The music was more effective in setting the mood and story telling.8. The game had an over all better believability in the story, functions, graphics, sounds, and characters9. The flood and Marine units were much more realistic in their own respects...The flood had realistic skin tones and you could actually see that what you were looking at, was a creepy, mutated, dilapidated, walking human corps...and the covenant flood...Well, a pumped up, extremely pissed-off, agile, intimidating, infested elite bad *bottom*. Well...you shouldn't give up a good thing. The marines in the first looked beat up...That’s the way they should look...plus the black armor was a nice change from most combat games...the marines looked tough talked tough and fought tough they ran straight towards enemies they brought the car straight to you and they had great one liners...like any good action movie...halo 2 was lame, you have a guy that does nothing but ***** and a drill Sargent that sounds more like a cheerleader.10. Halo 2 honestly looked like a cheap Latino version of Halo...bright colors, adobe buildings, palm trees... AZTEC STYLE BUILDINGS!!!......and the civilian vehicles OMG? I thought it was supposed to be the future... Listen to the music in the first Arbiter level, it screamed MEXICO!!! Also look at the rebels Banshee's... They came straight out of low-rider magazine...that’s as cheesy as it gets. By the way im not bashing latin style or anything Im just saying Its not like Mexican culture inspired the art of the first Halo. The game designer’s had a great opportunity to advance a wonderful unilateral style that disregarded what was artistic and focused on what was practical and realistic. The halo sequel was a continued story that overhauled the whole format destroying a look an feel that was completely original. A cutting edge game turned it into a cartooned joke. More importantly the original style made Halo a game that we would never forget. And those that haven’t forgotten the original want more. WE DON’T WANT SOMETHING NEW! WE WANT MORE HALO! GIVE IT TO US!!! 11. THE WEAPONS OH MY GOD! The SMG in no way comes close to a worthy replacement of the AR...Its not even a futuristic looking weapon, Its provides absolutely no superiority in firepower style or function. The battle rifle would have made a good addition, unfortunately it was more of an annoying go between gun, that never had enough ammo and delivered limited fire power...The aiming veering when you hold down the trigger to mow down the enemy, is a bunch of crap. Your supposed to be a futuristic, super, cybernetically enhanced, warrior and your telling me that I cant even hold a little machine gun straight...12.The alien Sniper rifle... that was an unbelievably stupid and annoying mistake...forget that... I don’t want to get picked off by some alien leper hiding in the dark. I wanna see the whites of his eyes... I wanna chase him down, take him on, and gun him down in a blaze of glory.13.CONVINCING MELEE ATTACK!!! What happened here, I mean you have to be so close you might as well head butt him. When the enemy comes at me, I want to smash his head in with the end of my gun, not my elbow. And when you pop the guy on the top of his head it just looks lame the old melee’s looked kick *bottom*!14.Bungi needs to do away with the new shotgun the old one was great! Bungie can give Barney his glowing aim dot shotgun back, to blow his head off with. What’s the point in putting glowing aim dots on a shot gun when you have a HUD in your helmet plus the bright green looks cheesy. 15.Back to the alien sniper...During the game who wants to stop…. wait for the little gay purple beam of light to knock out your shields, and leave you vulnerable, while you look for the coward hiding on some far away cliff... Then you try to shoot the little bastard with some half *bottom* semi-automatic pea shooter, or a weak inaccurate pistol. 16.Bring back the magnum!!! It looked great it had the best reload and stationary animations of all the weapons. the reflection was clean along with the sound and power. The old shotgun magnum combo was perfect it needs to be once again.17.The final injustice was the story...................WTF..................The game was divided for Christ sake, oh good I can play as an alien now and use all the same weapons and gain 1 ability that could have been added to master chiefs armor...how clever play as the enemy its sooooo interesting. so now you cant shoot elites in the next game...In halo three the elites will be on your side...lame lame lame....the elites were the symbol of the covenant...now the brutes will take that role...please! they could have thought of something better like....You kill all in your way! and the war continues....Except! a small group of Elite covenant forces led by the arbiter excommunicate to earths army due to the betrayal of the prophets and fight alongside The Master Chief!... that sounds good... The elites were all about loyalty and honor, their society was built around their faith, oh! so because they lose their honorable position next to the prophets, they all turn against everything they believe....no...no no no they could have made it work. I want to fight elites in halo 3 and that’s it...brutes are ridiculously dumb, slow, simple characters that only made to make elites look better. They were not meant to be common enemies. The captains daughter, big tough pretty captain girl takes control. We had a tough pretty female character it was CORTANA, 2 is 1 to many? Come on man! Oh and there are lots of Halos and they are all culturally coordinated the 2nd Halo was Latino LOL. Lets see what they do with it but I’m sure Halo 3 will be lame if its anything like Halo 2. The halo series needs to forget halo 2 ever happened, and work off of the strengths of the first halo...not the story of course, just the physical game play and effects...sharp graphics look good, tricks like soft gold light, rounded shapes, and fuzzy plasma effects, look like crap... It doesn't fool anybody with any common sense or taste. if it looks corny its crap thats it. BRING BACK HALO!!! I have more but I think you get the point.

Halo 1 is much better I don't care what anyone thinks. halo 1 is and will always be the best game ever made. even without online halo 1 has halo to sucking halo 1s ****.ya.its all about halo 1. ive beaten both on legendary. so I would no beeches.xbox live: "konrad1"-ADAMXXX

HALO 1 IS THE BEST!!Halo Vs. Halo 2

Halo 1 is far better. Halo 1 was on a grand scale and was very great. Assault on the control room actually feeled like a huge UNSC effort to control Halo. In halo 2 you fight the scarab and its gay. First, the scarab isn't even really a vehicle, it was scenery moving around, second you board it, which is gay. Master Chief should have jumped on it and bashed the entire thing wiith his bare hands! The enviroments look very bad, Mombassa is old and decaying. The Pillar of Autum really looked like a futuristic human enviroment. The hao 2 Forunner looks like some weird aztec ruin, unlike the mysterious metal gray halls in halo 1. The Wraith tank is stupid, the gun is different and looks weird, it has 2 laser guns but you cant use them! the banshee sucks, t no longer has the banshee bomb in multiplayer and its lasers are as powerful as the pistol. THE PISTOL SUCKS! No scope, no power, and it looks like ****. The battle rifle is supposed to replace it but it's stupid. The first halo human weapons were sleek and cool. The AR was covered in plastic and looked nice. The BR looks like a real life assault rifle stripped down. Halo 2 campaign sucked! It's very stpid and the end has a boss battle! You don't even play as the Chief, you are that dumb alien and you fight a mohawk monkey while Johnson fires at it yelling stupid jokes. In halo 1 you drive 3.5 km in less than 6 minutes and see  Foehammer die! halo 1 was epic! Captain Keys was a badass, his daughter is winy and ruins the cutscenes. SMGs ****, even if you dual weild it sucks, the recoils sends the guns up farther. Halo 1 is out for the pc and can support up to 16 players. Halo custom edition has a famous map called Extinction and you can fly the longsword fighter, the pelican, a fighter jet, or drive the scarab! Halo 2's largest map is probably District, which is half the size of Infiniti. The worthog isn't as bumpy and less fun to drive. The ghost doesn't skid and is also boring. The scorpion tank is too strong in halo 2 and move like ****. Halo 2 looks like ****, feels like ****, and plays like ****.

hmmm ok gamer4life you retarded, if your taking an SMG up against a sniper you must ****, and if a jackal sniper is a coward because he has his own sniper, what does that make you when u have a sniper?

In my opinion, Halo 2 is only slightly below halo 1. Halo 1's storyline is better than Halo 2's, but halo 2 has a lot of enhancements to the way the game is played, like marines can actually drive the vehicles, then can hit things when firing on the warthog turret(let's face it, Halo 1 marines cant hit the broadside of a barn at point blank with a warthog turret)graphics, sound, and improved AI.

Halo 1 has its ups with its storyline, action, soundtrack and the maps.

Halo 1 has problems though in the form of rigged weapons. Did you know you can destroy a wraith with pistol? Theres a reason why bungie made it worse. And the shotgun, it was practically a sniper, it was strong against everything, it made every weapon obselete once you got it, you didnt need anything but a shotgun once you got it, and thats bullsh*t if you think you still need the pistol for long range.

And you dissed the battle rifle without seeing how strong it is, its as good as if not better than the pistol, it is as accurate as a sniper, and is very strong. And you complain that the batle rifle looks like a modern AR  just stripped down. Guess what? ITS THE HALO 1 AR WITH A HOLE IN FRONT OF THE AMMO COUNTER. And then you just color it black and add a scope. And why does the shotgun have things on the model that help you target and enemy, when you have a reticle on your hud? ever thought for a second that the weapons were made for the marines? NOT YOU.All the humans guns in halo were built for use for the marines, ever notice how the magnum, battle rifle, AR, SMG were very small on you?

OF COURSE YOU DIDNT

Maybe next time you post on something, saying its better than another thing, use you freakin pea-sized brain and think about what your saying

-reply by thetwistedboy

I ma be the only one in the world with this opinion, but I thought Halo 1 was extremely boring, the level design was extremely repetitive, specifically those round gray rooms. I thought the game's story was great, and deserved a better game to execute it, or perhaps a movie. I left wondering THIS is what all the hype is about? 

I'm currently playing Halo 2, and I am having a lot more fun playing it. I gives more insight into the covenents culture, more options with the weapons ( so you never have that "damn I should have picked up that sniper/rocket, didn't think I would need it" feeling), more vehicles more often. It took everything right from the first game and took out everything wrong. It still doesn't deserve quite as much hype, but its closer.

-reply by user

HALO 1 BETTER THAN HALO 2 HALO 2 BETTER THAN HALO 3Halo Vs. Halo 2

Halo 1  wins easy indestructible  vehicles plasma pistol rocks halo 2 pistol sucks the grenades and weapons of halo 2 are really weak the pistol used take out grunts in 1 shot now it takes 6 shots and does not shoot far the halo 2 rocket launcher is good but that the only thing good halo 1 beats halo 2 but halo 2 can beat halo 3 halo 3 sucks because light and medium weapons don't do damage at all only forge and theather was good so halo 1 first place halo 2 second place and halo 3 third place

-reply by halo wars best game BEST CUTSCENES