xisto Community
iGuest

Halo Vs. Halo 2 which one do you like better?

Halo 2 blows away halo 1 so bad. In halo 1, they would start you off with the best weapon in the game. The magnum. You could go mid/long-range with the magnum and a couple of headshots would kill you. Halo 2 has much better maps and weapons. The best part of halo 2 is that its online through xboxlive so its ranked and there are autoupdates. You can get new maps, new weapons, and new playlists when they come out. They also fix certain things in the autoupdate such as reducing the power and accuracy of the magnum, making grenades stronger and some glitches/cheats that affected gameplay. I cant even go back and play halo 1 after I played halo 2.

Well, Halo 2 is just the next game of Halo. So 7 of the 10 times it will be a better game. Just look at the graphics on the xbox. Halo2 is better than halo, you have voice supporting on halo2, more maps in halo 2, more custom game configuration in halo2. But that's for mutliplayer.As I say, the single player in Halo 1 (one) is much, much better.It was a new thing, it was a xbox launch game, very nice graphics in his time, and a very good story-based single player, for halo2, the same thing.That's why halo1 is THÉ best game ever made. No follower will ever be.

Halo 2 is better because of the weapons, they aren't exactly balanced like the pistol. Some weapons though they did decide to keep the same.although multiplayer for halo 1 would be better because its more straight forward i would say Xbox live on Halo 2 is better.

I go with Halo 1 all the way, its more of a challenge and the story line is sorta longerI was sorta upset with Halo 2 because there wasnt that much of a change and i beat it in legenday in like a day straight, in whic it took me like a week in halo 1

I am a fan of Halo 2 simply because i like the changes int ehs ignle palyer. Though extremly frustirating I liked playing as the covenant and it was indeed a new experience. I myself am still struggling with legendary but overall I had no problems witht he single player as other people might have.I also like it because of its Xbox live support. I am online gaming fanatic so a good online play though it does nto match a LAN party is great.I am sorry but I will have to go with Halo 2H1 < H2

The first Halo, or Halo 2. Hrmm...Actually, I like them both almost equally. Halo 1 has very good graphics, hardly any glitches, some humor in it, etc. etc.Halo 2 has dual weapons, the ability to kick people out of their cars, familiar enviroments for everybody who plays it, etc. etc.Halo 1 was a nice simplistic and good game. Although it was too easy to beat and there is a dramatic difference between Hard, and Legendary. I myself find that Legendary was extremely hard and almost impossible to do unless you were to do the mission flawlessly.Halo 2 was very deeply graphiced, and had time taken into it. Although, it had many glitches and made it too easy to finish the game. The levels were short, the sword was more like a god-weapon, and the new creatures hardly made a difference, and the camo for the arbiter wore off so fast you could hardly know it was on at all.Halo 2 had a lot of new things, but more bad things. One of the most noticeable was the fact that you could see layering glitches in the system for cinematic scenes such as when Captain Keyes's daughter was landing the pelican.In conclusion I must say that Halo 2 does beat Halo 1 in many categories, but seldomly would I say I would rather be playing Halo 2 over Halo 1.Halo 1 > Halo 2(P.S.: I used to be the Champion of Halo 1 in Michigan. I missed the other tournements, so I was not able to keep my title for long.)

Hard decision there between the two.... Well I loved Halo 1. It was a great game, simple enough to use and the multiplayer was a lot of fun. You couldn't own people like god-like weapons :) and the gameplay was just better. The plot was also done well and I enjoyed beating it on legendary because it was so hard. Now Halo 2 is also pretty cool. It had so many new features then Halo 1, more complicated plot (which I didn't like too much), a whole bunch more weapons and vehicles, and like everyone mentioned above: more glitches. They were both a lot of fun to play but I'm going with the classic: Halo 1.The Bottom Line:Halo 1 > Halo 2

I'm a bit pulled each way i like some parts of halo 1 and some of halo 2I think Halo1 was a lot longer in game length and just the fact that it was the first game. Halo2 has the dual wielding and the better looking levels, it just ended so quikly and was a lot easier to complete.I guess i'll have to wait for halo 3 to come out to decide on the 3

I think that both games are about overall equal.In Halo 1, the campaign was great. The story line was excellent, and its broad range of weapons, enemies, vehicles and environments made it even better. The multiplayer was also like nothing anyone had ever seen.In Halo 2, the campaign mode was not too great, although there were two different storylines (Master Chief and the Arbiter). The ending was bad, and very disappointing. However, the multiplayer is really the best part in my opinion. With XBL, the multiplayer experience keeps improving, making it continually fun.So that's my two cents. Can I have them back now? :lol:

In my opinion I prefer Halo 2 over Halo: Combat Evolved. Although Halo 2's Campaign was not as good as its predecessor its MULTIPLAYER totally make up for it and then some.Halo 2 in my opinion has to be the most addicting game ever played and is the most fun.

Both games were incredible fun and they both had their ups and downs. The first one was best because i could play the single player over and over again and it never seemed to get boring. Plus some of the multiplayer maps like "Hang'em High" were good but it lacked the tactics most of the time.Halo 2 was great because first because of the huge advance in graphics, next came the major twist in the story plot, and the completly addicting multiplayer. But unlike the first one the single player got boring after the first 3 times i played it. Also I was disappointed when some of the things that they said would be in the game didn't show up. Like some of the newer vehicles and some weapons. Oh well, I would definitly choose Halo 2 as my favorite though, if I had Xbox live tho. Otherwise its Halo Combat Evolved.

I like the new levels and new marines and all. Multiplayer is really cool now, not that it wasn't before but you know. The main thing that pissed me off what how bad the pistol is now. I WANT MY SCOPE BACK.

Yea thats true halo 1 had the best campaign i have ever played and it made so much sense whereas in halo 2 it was confusing going back and forth betweean the arbiter and the chief but halo 2 has way better multiplayer thanks to xbox live

Nobody ever wanted to play as the arbiter, hes a load of rubbish. He's identical to the Master Chief in every way, except he can go invisible and is on the other team. It's just like Shadow the Hedgehog, he's a rip-off.I agree that Halo 1 is best for replay value, but Halo 2 is unmatched for multiplayer matches, especially when you have the multiplayer map pack installed (Turf OWNS). I like the idea that you can climb up onto another person's vehicle and rag them off it, but I also dislike not being able to squash people in a warthog as easily. Also, I don't like the noise the new assault rifles make, the clackety sound, it doesn't sound very realistic or futuristic to me, the assault rifle from Halo 1 were much better.The two games are very evenly matched. It very much depends on what you buy a game for.