xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Google The Best Search Engine?

Is google considered the best search engine? Or are others like Altavista and yahoo better? I've noticed that I got more search results with google, but Yahoo seems to be more precise.

well, searching of google is best in comparison to any search engine, but it needs more time to have your desired like because it perform only syntax search not the semantics search and due to alot webpages we see many irrelative websites but i had studies somewhere on net that google is working on sematics seach ability now, if this happens pr they succeed in doing so then google will be the best again, according to your opinion :P but searchn technoqyes of google are best till now and if they succeed what they have planned, that will be a revolution in search and parsing......cheers up google. :P

I very much prefer using Google to any other search engine out there, but as others have said before, I find that it tends to be rather vague with the results at times. Scrolling through that many pages of hits that do not quite match up to what you are looking for is bothersome sometimes. I dislike every other search engine, though. If I cannot find something on Google, I will either employ my friends to help me in my search or give up. Rarely have I ever had to give up, though. :P

I use google because I'm familiar with it, and I know when I search, which pages are sponsered advertisement links, and which are genuine search results. I also trust Google not to skewar the results like yahoo and msn supposedly do, in favour of companies that they like.

Google is very good search engine, but I've noticed lately that MSN is getting better. Many new websites you can't find on google, but on MSN they are aleady up when you search. Like my website - on google it's page rank is on the 4 or 5 place when you search with term "finaldesign" but on MSN it's on 1st place, and I've seen in my weblogs that MSNBot is accesing my webpage many more times than GoogleBot... So I think that Google is slowing down a bit...

I prefer searching on multiple search engines using Maxthon's built-in Search function but if you ask me about stand-alone search engines, Google will be my the one I turn to since the loading time is fast with its less agressive Google AdSense text-based ads and servers I think. Besides, the ads are not as annoying as Yahoo!'s which I think seconds to Google. (Pardon me if my English is bad. I've been using Singlish very often nowadays.)

Is google considered the best search engine? Or are others like Altavista and yahoo better? I've noticed that I got more search results with google, but Yahoo seems to be more precise.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think google is the best search engine at the moment.. also i should give some credit to the new MSN search engine... but again google is still the best me thinks

Google is by far the best search engine out there. I can count hundreds of reasons why I choose google over and other main search engine. I just wish I could get my darn webpage from the 2nd page to the 1st on google. I have it 1st page on Yahoo but not Google. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I find google is the most simple search engine, however when you search on google, you might get a lot of unnecessary websites.