xisto Community
iGuest

What Is Your Favorite Music Group ?

what if your favorite music group and why

-----Hmm... This is a little spammy... I'll let this one stay on, but post better posts in the future. Oh, and you spelled "is" wrong. :P -----szupie

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

WAAAAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAA..... szupie, don't bash him :P :P. And he doesn't get post counts for it, so maybe he's just curious?Favorite music group : seventh avenueWhy : because i like speed metal, ok?

My faverate group is a hardcore band called A Fire Inside. I like them because they have a sound of their own. the things that they talk about once they are decyphered is true world issues and thats what i like in a band.

Mine is Dave Matthews Band. I love their Jam band style and their lyrics are just mesmerizing. But most of all their concerts are ridiculous if you like that kind of music. The atmosphere is incredible and the music is great.

Mine is The All-American Rejects. I just recently bought their new album and it's awesome. I missed the Warped Tour which they were part of so Im hoping that they come up here in San Francisco again soon..

My favorite bands are Iron Maiden and MxPx. Iron Maiden have the best guitar and awesome intros. I like MxPx because they've got catchy songs and "feel good" lyrics unlike most other punk bands. And then there's Autopilot Off - another punk band with very catchy songs. I first heard of them in NHL 2004, then in Burnout, so it goes to show that having a song in a video game really can promote you.

System of a Down, greatest band EVER.

1064330324[/snapback]

System of a down un my opinion is not the best band ever, bust the most political one :-) tell me im wrong and ill slap you :)

My favorite bands are Iron Maiden and MxPx. Iron Maiden have the best guitar and awesome intros. I like MxPx because they've got catchy songs and "feel good" lyrics unlike most other punk bands. And then there's Autopilot Off - another punk band with very catchy songs. I first heard of them in NHL 2004, then in Burnout, so it goes to show that having a song in a video game really can promote you.

Iron maiden is a good band, but if you really believe they have the best guitars, as a friendly recommendation i'm giving you a list of great guitars being a guitar player myself:

Steve Vai

Dream Theater

Stratovarius

Dragonforce

Queen (believe it or not, much more complex than Iron Maiden)

Velvet Revolver

Yngwie Malmsteem

and metallica´s solo guitar is just amazing (consider songs like Master of Puppets)

If you like fast music or IUron Maiden style I suggest go for Stratovarius or Dragonforce for something 4x as hardcore or the rest of the list for a variation of music with EXCELLENT guitars. I personally prefer Dream Theater -->

John Petrucci (2nd best guitar player) + Mike Portnoy (best drummer) = Incredible

Favorite Band? Steely Dan :) . A little less known, but amazing music all the same. Started out in the 1970s by Donald Fagen and Walter Becker, it's a different style of music with rock bordering on Jazz .... amazing guitar and piano solos.

Other than that, I also listen to Metallica, Queen, Lynrd Skynrd, Def Leppard, Deep Purple, Eric Clapton and plenty of others.

I am much into punk, MxPx, Blink 182, Sum 41, Simple Plan, Green Day, but sometimes i like listening to songs with good lyrics and catchy tunes. Not the noise making .. table crashing .. ear thumping sounds ;) .. just plain good music.I like to listen to songs with a little bit of an acoustic Guitar touch, tho i dont know how to play one, i'd always love to learn :)RegardsDhanesh

I am much into punk, MxPx, Blink 182, Sum 41, Simple Plan, Green Day, but sometimes i like listening to songs with good lyrics and catchy tunes. Not the noise making .. table crashing .. ear thumping sounds ;) .. just plain good music.

I like to listen to songs with a little bit of an acoustic Guitar touch, tho i dont know how to play one, i'd always love to learn :)

Regards

Dhanesh

1064330356[/snapback]

so what is punk here? Isn't it a bit too noisy? :P

As I see it metal in general (excluding heavy metal, death metal and that ****) is much less noisy than punk in general, as well as 4000 times more challenging. -

let's get into a musician's head now:

Punk player: look I can play like 4 chords and get lots of money for it!! (

Metal player: oh damn it i've just composed a neo classical metal piece full of arpeggios and I´m not getting a cent :P;)

Do I sound biased? If so then ignore me :P

I guess some of you had to think about the answer a bit, but I'm saying my answer just like that, no thinking about it.Coldplay - the best of the best.Why?Because their music is different and special.They are not spoiled like other stars.They care about other people.They're the next U2, even more, I tell you!

Hmm... favorite band, you say?Well, offhand... offhand, uh... you know, I can't really think of a favorite band OFFHAND; I guess that's 'cause I don't have a favorite band, per se. I don't like music according to genre - I like music according to THAT music. I don't neccessarily like a band; I do like a song that band makes, and in that sense, like the band.Simply put, I like music that is good. The best way to put it, really.