xisto Community
Antnydude47

Most Comfortable Way To Sit In A Computer Chair

i found a guide to this, read:How to sit in a chair. Seems obvious, but there are ways to do it that promote a healthier body.Fact: the importance of office seating is underscored by the fact an office worker, throughout his career, spends 80,000 hours sitting in an office chair. Another reason why offices need seating that supports employees at all occupational levels.Their are uncertainties in ergonomics as in any other science. But one point is not in dispute: that the human body is not structured to sit in a chair all day!Sitting for starters is inherently stable requiring muscles to work continually to help you sit. It is harder on backs then standing because when you stand the spine is in a state called lordosis - with pressure evenly distributed along the 24 vertebrae of your backbone. Blood flow along the spine is fee and unobstructed. When you bend the body at a right angle in sitting, you flatten the lumbar (lower section) of your back.In fact, sitting is harder on your back than standing. Why?Most people think your backbone supports your body. It doesn’t. Your body actually supports your backbone. Your back’s 24 vertebrae and its jelly-like disks offer you flexibility, but not much strength.When you stand, your spine maintains a state called lordosis. Pressure is evenly distributed along your backbone. When you sit at a right angle, the bending of your body flattens the lumbar, or lower, section of your back. This causes a state called kyphosis, or uneven pressure on the disks in your back. This state strains the muscles in that area and causes lower back pain.The less we move while sitting, the less our bodies are able to supply parts of our bodies with vital nutrients. When your lumbar area is nutrient-deprived, those fluid-filled disks harden. As they become less flexible, your body is more vulnerable to injuries caused by motion. (Think explosion.) And sitting incorrectly, essentially crunching your lumbar area, will gradually erode the disks in your back over time. (Think erosion.)The best bet for our bodies is to maintain lordosis, which helps make sure that nutrients can reach vital areas of your spine. Sitting for just 20 minutes can so reduce the flow of nutrients to your disks that they begin to harden. So if your chair is too soft and fluffy, your body doesn’t really move much. It’s almost like being encased in a foam-rubber body cast. No movement. No nutrients. And your disks pay the price.The goal is to continually allow your muscles and bones to find the most stable, most healthy position as easily as possible.Studies have proven that sitting in a properly adjusted chair that encourages motion reduces cumulative trauma disorders to nerves, tendons, and the neurovascular system. The on that did write this, couldent have to much life:P

That is quite interesting.What that effect me so much?I am quite a fidgety person, and am never fully comfortable, so even in bed I move around quite a lot. I think the reason why I somehow manage to put none or not much weight on over time despite falling into lazy times is because I fidget around so much.Do you think this would be better or worse for my back generally (I do rather sit slumped in and bent too much though >_>).

When I worked in an office, someone from each department had to go to ergonomic training. None of the men wanted anything to do with it, so I was sent.There were three main measurments that were to be done to everyone in the office.1 length of leg from knee to feet flat on floor. The height of the chair had to be set so that you could reach the floor with the foot flat and the legs straight. If the distance was too high the pressure in the calf would have to strech to get the toes on the floor. If it was too low, one would have a tendancy to cross your legs, and that would put pressure on the sides of the foot.2 the height of the arm rests in relation to the keyboard. the wrists were to be straight. If the keyboard was too high the wrists would be too sharp of an angle upward. and the wrist rest wouldn't work as it was supposed to. The same thing but in reverse if the keyboard was too low,the wrists would be at an awkward position If the keyboard is set right you should be able to rest your arms on the chair arms at a straight line to the keyboard.3 the setting of the back of the chair should be at a comfortable position that your back is not too slouched or too siff. A lumbar cushion was a way to make a desk chair comfortable. Most offices didn't buy chairs with lumbar adjustments because they didn't want to spend the money.Another real important issue was to get up and walk around for a few minutes -- get a cup of coffee, go the the printer or go to the bathroom.That is very important even at home --- don't have food to close to your chair. That will cause you to move and strenghthen your muscles.Hope this helps

Well, while smoking is certainly not a good thing generally, it benefits me personally in very small ways.1. I have to get up to have a smoke. (break).2. Not now but want to make it so smoking only allowed outside (to promote getting of ones butt and not mullin the place up with smoke, I would imagine it being healthier to some degree).3. I get a bit of exercise and stretching.4. If I did not smoke, I would probably not move, nor be so fidgity and would eat more (probably end up fat and even unhealthier/unfitter).5. Not smoking pisses my Asthma off (no idea why, sickness does too).6. Due to the fidgeting I don't sit still long enough in a chair, to over relax myself in a position that probably isn't healthy.Kind of odd such benefits, but I would have none them if I did not smoke (from my experience from before smoking and now).

I used to always be in front of the PC and there were different locations and different things to sit on.I now am glad that I put a little money into purchasing a nice leather Captain's chair. My wife also has one, but it is padded and not leather. But I still like the texture. I would not sit at this PC if I did not have this chair. I used to only have like a little computer chair, but they were too small and you couldn't sit on it and there were not any hand rails on them. And most of the time the seat was too small, too. Like I was on display while working on the PC.My dad has a piano bench style seat, and it is all wood... nice for a few then... OUCH! My mom has an older metal fold up chair.... nice until the somewhat padding falls off and then you have NOTHING! My sister and her husband went ahead and bought some nice PC chairs too... Gotta get comfy when you can nowadays! We have a laptop that I will play with that is internet only purposes... other than that, everything else is on the desktop... including a steady online connection. So when I am tired of walking and running around after the kids all day... I will wind down on the PC before I hit the bed... and if I can't sleep and am feeling really lazy, I will just plug in the laptop and lie in bed and play around... So when I can... I try to make my PC experiences as comfy as possible... and it is and will continue to be worth its' while!- skedad -