xisto Community
Dragonfly

Superpower India & China -arrival Of Bipolar World US no more world player by 2050?

TRIPOLARSuperpower India & China -arrival Of Bipolar World

Agreeing to the fact that of TRIPOLAR world-US cant be in the picture all because of the following :

- US is quiet close to reach the stagflation brim(highest level of inflation)

- Mostly the US citizens live on future income due to highest usage of credit cards.

- As far as the valuation of the macro volume - real estate , it will take time since the economy must carry enough balance between the curren account and capital account to justify it.

- The exchange value is very much manipulated since US is the only decision maker to roll the ball of the world economy

-Threat : US consumes 20 % of the oil resources and preserves 80% of it(to check GCC have 500 years still in hand to supply oil to the world)

So where is the third party in the Polar world. It is none other than JAPAN.

INDIA-Services(developing economy)

CHINA- IT support(developing Economy)

JAPAN -Manufacturing(developed economy)

to add GCC will play as the nervous system to support the three musketeers...The economy ball will roll towards ASIA and MIDLLE EAST(Since the all of them are still developing and have wider prospects to develop)...

-reply by Tanoy datta

ClarificationSuperpower India & China -arrival Of Bipolar WorldWell,Buddha was definitely born in India, not that India is greedy to take over the pride about it..You are 100% wrong sanjohn :)About who will be superpower by 2020, lets all wait and see :)Cheers!!

not possible.Superpower India & China -arrival Of Bipolar World

To start with in your atticle of india and china will be greater than U.S.A. I belt you, it is inposible, why, the world of God promise us that any country that remain or retain the power by melenum shall rule forever, for example, we are not forgotten that any thing which start with God shall remain forver, American start with God and shall rule forever, IN God WE TRUST, which country in the world has such amblem or logo? if not one state in Nigeria called Abia state, their logo is Gods OWN STATE. America has all the needs to remain world power or greatest till the end of time one every counrty colide to make America what they are there is china america Indian america Israel america all the world and all stand for the beneifit of USA and not their bialogical country. I wish America forver in power,.

-reply by Gerald

What a shame!Superpower India & China -arrival Of Bipolar World

It is interesting and often funny to observe some of theseReplies! Yes, Buddha was worn in Lumbibi, now in Nepal. But like, since Obama'sKenyan father does not make him a Kenyan American president, Buddha's place ofBirth does not make him a non-Indian. This is because these men graduated to beWho they are because of the countries which adopted them. Buddha would not beThe man he turned out to be had India not provide him the spiritual safe heavenTo attain the enlightenment in the holy soil of Bodh Gaya. Moreover, he notOnly spent most of his life here but also, that Buddhism is a global religionToday is because how Maurya Samrath, Emperor Ashoka of India spread it all overEast Asia. If you ask Dalai Lama, their undisputed highest ranking leader, he willTestify how India is the home of that religion.

Citations: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashoka_the_Great ; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama ; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_Buddha

Anyway, religious supremacy is neitherThe point of contestation in this blog nor is it a subject appropriate enoughTo be discussed with citizens of a country who have no culture of their own.You think you understand economics, let discuss that! To illustrate the fearInflicted by China on the current American president, recently Barack ObamaLiterally chickened out of meeting the Lama in the horror of facing music fromThe Chinese! Citation: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/280113

It is a matter of public record thatThe entire nation of America, every citizen of that country, is deeply indebtedTo the Chinese. If China decides to pull the rugs then America will have toFall straight on its face; most citizens will be jobless and all they will beLeft with are “an urge to reinvent themselves” & “strong national character”!

Having made these anti American comments letMe also state the following facts. I have heard of no American citizen dying ofMalnutrition whereas in India hundreds and thousands of children and adultPerish of the same every year. Most of the country is electricity less and mostChildren never get to even find out what a school is! In states like Orissa,Bihar, Utter Pradesh, Jharkhand, West Bengal, etc., apart from the above,People don’t even have clothing to wear. And these countless people areUnlikely to come out of such utter darkness by 2050 because no matter how muchMoney we pump in to these states hardly anything ever reach the targetPopulation due to indescribable levels of corruption. Please read my article onCorruption: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

We don’t even get proper from ChinaAbout all these but surely corruption is rampant there as well! Corruption isEmbedded into every gene of India. Given an opportunity each and every citizenWill engage in corrupt practices. Some parents even teach their children on howTo be corrupt! It’s become a part of the culture! Surely, data about the GDPGrowth rate and the military prowess coming out of these two countries are blatantLies. Many high ranking military officers in India are drenched in corruption.The situation is such that a honest military officer / person is almost sure toBe killed in action while the living will almost definitely be involved in someCorrupt practice or the other including sale of their service arms and vitalIntelligence information. There have been instances of reports that informationFrom the joint military war room, the most sacred place of defense strategy inThe country, has been leaked. How can one even imagine such a nation to evenCome close to becoming a superpower?

Imagine a scenario where an army ofIlliterate, ignorant, hungry and naked people participating in making global economicPolicy decisions. It will be a BIG joke! GDP does not show anything. It isUnfortunate that most people participating in this discussion don’t even knowThe definition and the formula of GDP! A big country with a LOT of people willAlways have a big GDP number because there is a lot of government expenditure.In India over 70% of Government expenditure is lost in corruption; the parameterOf capital investment in the economy favors only the middle class (the Indians whoParticipated in this debate) and the rich (industrialists and politicians). SoFar the poor (over 80% of the country) is concerned the country has not grownAt all since 1947!

I really don’t know the numberGlobal superpowers there will be in the future, though at the moment I can seeJust two – USA and China, but I can assure you that India will not join thatClub till at least the middle of the twenty third century. The dream ofBecoming a superpower is only seen by rich and middle class eyes, in India, thePoor still dream of a stomachful of food twice a day every night!

Amartya

PS: Truth is bitter!

-reply by Amartya Ray

This is an interesting topic. Arrival of bipolar world? A bipolar world is nothing new at all. Most people will probably say that the last one (US and USSR) ended in the 1990s. In that world, the two camps pretty much dominated the world affairs. It was like a line was drawn between the two camps. There was order within each camp, but there was a lot of competition between the two camps. A bipolar world is nothing new. After that, the US became the only superpower. But, how much can the US do? Bush became the president after Clinton. He really wanted to do something different. He wanted the US to do it alone. But, the Europeans did not always follow, and the world did not always follow. The US hasn't ended the war in Afghanistan. It hasn't ended the war in Iraq. It found it difficult to deal with North Korea. The last 15 years or so demonstrated that the US cannot do it alone. It needs help from a lot of the major powers and the smaller countries. Depending on how you look at it, you can think of today's world has a single pole or it has multiple poles. But, the reality is it is really in between the two states; it is a mixture of one superpower plus multiple major powers.Is the next bipolar world going to arrive in 2020 or 2050? I doubt it. I think the current state is going to continue with pole of the superpower being more prominent at times and less prominent at other times. Is India going to become a superpower by 2050? Is China going to become a superpower by 2050? Is the US going to lose its superpower status by 2050? It is unlikely for any one of the three to happen. It is practically impossible for all three of them to happen. The US just had a moderate financial crisis. It is going to be weaker than before. But, it is a long way for India or China to become a superpower. Both India and China have enough of their own problems. The financial crisis also hit them fairly hard. Their main competitive advantage is the low-cost labor. But, as the economy develops, that advantage will become less and less powerful. The developed world has a system that is comprehensive and covers almost all areas of a society. That is their advantage. That is what the developed world has to compete with the developing world. The problem with the developing world is that their system does not function very well when all the parts are added together. It can take a long time for a society to upgrade its system. Once a developing country becomes somewhat developed, it will find that its labor cost is no longer low, and it will have trouble competing with the developed world. India, China and all similar developing countries need to focus on developing their economy, upgrading their system and close the gap with the developed world. The US and all the developed countries should improve their system to better compete with the lower cost economies.Superpower is not only symbolized by GDP, Olympic gold medals and the like. It is the whole system.

CHINA AND INDIA SUPERPOWERSuperpower India & China -arrival Of Bipolar World

CHINA AND INDIA SUPERPOWER

I THINK THAT CHINA WILL NEVER SEE INDIA GROWING AS SUPERPOWER . FIRST OF ALL USA WILL TRY TO STOP CHINA. THAN CHINA SEEING THAT WILL TRY TO CAPTURE MORE RESOURCES , PEOPLE BY TAKING INDIA'S LAND JUST THE WAY THEY DID WITH TIBET . FIRST INDIA-CHINA WAR WILL TAKE PLACE . FOR SURE USA WON'T ENTER IT AS THEY DID IN WW1 AND WW2 . BUT PAKISTAN WILL ENTER IT TAKING ALONG BANGLADESH AND AFGHANISTAN . INDIA WOULD BE COVERED BY ALL 3 SIDES. THAN SEEKING THE HELP OF RUSSIA OR EVEN COULD BE ANY ONE OF THE SUPPORTER OF INDIA OR ENEMY OF CHINA/PAK/BANGLA INDIA WILL BE SOOTHED . SOURCES ALSO SAY THAT EVEN UK OR GERMANS MAY HELP INDIA IN FIGHTING THE WAR . THIS WILL GIVE RISE TO WW3 . AT THE END OF THE WAR ONLY ONE OF THE COUNTRY WILL BE A WORLD POWER EITHER OF INDIA OR CHINA OR USA OR THERE IS STILL A HOPE OF USSR [ RUSSIA ]. NO BIPOLAR WORLD WOULD BE THERE . THAT'S MY OPINION

-reply by Vaibhav Rawat

Superpower India & China -arrival Of Bipolar World - US no more world player by 2050?Superpower India & China -arrival Of Bipolar World

My God! As an born and bred Indian travelled to other worlds, I beg to disagree. The sublime

The democratic malfunction in India (refer to Communist Rule in West Bengal and mafia democracy in UP and Bihar) and state of confused nationalities and religious communities (see Partition of India 1947 and division of Pakistan in 1971) directs otherwise. The very and true existence of India as a nation is under real threat in another 50 years unless anti-China or anti-Pakistan factors keeps India united.

Cultural revolution brewed oppression of Tibetans (They got asylum in India) and butchered linguistic minorities over Mandarin. Even today, Cantonese speaking Hong Kong is at unease with Beijing and Taiwan remains a flash point.

While communist dictarorship in China ensured central planning and fast paced developed, it is clearly not enough to sustain stable society, equal and fair society to give a strong moral, economic and militart authority akin to ertwhile British Empire or present US hegemony.

With millions mired in abject state of poverty, if they stretch out too much on power projection, US will win again as like Soviets, Communist China will collapse as pack of cards.

US on the otherhand, will have to reduce power projections to clear the mess created by neocons and super rich in order to avoid another Civil War.

EU is far from united with tussle between hegemonistic Franco-Germans, confused Anglo Saxons/Italians and Eastern groups unless rejuvenated Russian and Muslim threat works out well.

China will get old before it gets rich and Japan is already old.

North America can afford to live without globalization thanks to abundant per capital resources while India, China need desparately Amero consumers to sustain and keep its 10% super rich and 90% in slave trade and subvervient.

I bet on US remaining superpower with abundant natural resources, fewer people as opposed to over crowded India and China. 

-reply by SpoiledBrat

Superpower India & China -arrival Of Bipolar World - US no more world player by 2050?Superpower India & China -arrival Of Bipolar World

Ah  ! very real thoughts (some from common man also), good

friends we have seen what happened  in COP Summit last year, what G8 could do & what G20 hv done what abt BRIC, EU and many such organizations first looking the very basic entity "ENERGY" and now "Environment" required by any nation to become superpower, giving proper industrialization, economy, etc showing up your GDP's your sectoral booms etc are now not the only factors to be called a superpower on the other hand you have to also add the factor environment to it OR it will turn to a nation of ZOMBIES just for to be called superpower.

I think India & china  now hv to think as a fact that they not only treat mankind by their power or problems but also hv to show an example to the rest of the world that they hv shown at the recession impact now these nations are mature enough that beside having a war would join hands for the betterment of mankind. These nations are much different to those nation responsible for WW1 & WW2 and their populations abide of their problems understands that there are many other issues that are imp than the WAR.

sorry for my english,Reply to it please.

Ekansh

-reply by ekansh

The USA is merely few centuries old plus their land doesn't originally belong to them so they lack the native culture of their occupied land. India and China are thousands of years old civilizations and cultures, they are on their own lands and know how to survive and reinvent themselves. That's why they are great countries. Reinvention is the character that belongs to original people not to invaders.

My God donSuperpower India & China -arrival Of Bipolar WorldI really don't understand why the western media nowadays often say China will become a superpower soon. To my knowledge Chinese leaders or Chinese people just simply don't want to become a superpower. I have never read or seen anywhere this rubbish predicting from Chinese official sources or newspapers. If India wants to become s superpower, just go ahead. But don't pull China into this meaningless debate.Ths funny thing about western media is that not many years ago (about 10) it was prevailing a theory that China would soon collapse politically. Some anti-china analysts were boldly predicting a time of around 5 years. Now they are talking about superpower of China, ridiculous!!All these buzz words, like G2, superpower and surpassing etc, I believe, are the propaganda of Western media. They basically wnat to raise the feeling of China-phobia among westerns in grass root so that it creates a world wide anti-China movement. The reason why they are doing so is that they regard China's developments and achievemnts as a threat to their voting system in governing. Think if someday China reaches equally well being as a west country under a non-voting governing system, will anyone conitnue to believe west "superior" voting system?-reply by where We

Superpower India & China - arrival of bipolar world in 2050? That include three things to happen - superpower India, superpower China and non-superpower US - by 2050. I would think the probability for all three to happen is minimal. The most likely scenario is that none of the three will happen by 2050. I agree with some of the posts above. India and China still have a lot of areas to improve. It is a long way to become a superpower. The US, EU and Japan will attempt to stop you. There are also competitions like Russia and Brazil.Look at what has happened over the last 60 some years from the end of World War II. Japan was close to overtaking the US, but it hasn't been growing by much for 20 years. Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and Korea are a lot richer but have slowed down significantly. China and India will grow and then slow down. They need to change their systems overtime to possibly reach superpower status. They are growing fast, but their main competitive advantage is low cost labor in US dollar terms, not because they innovate on new technologies. It is going to take time. Plus, a lot of pieces will have to fall into place...Don't forget that Soviet Union was a fairly strong country to begin with.

I disagree that China & India will take over as global powers, although I do agree that their economy will eventually surpass the United State. In order to be the Super Power of the world, you must have more than simply a larger economy. Although a powerful economy is an important element in being a super power, it is not the only element. I would say that there at three elements to being a super power. Those elements are economy, military, and culture. These are broad elements which can be broke down into subgroups, but for the sake of time and energy, I will not move forward to break them down. However, the 3 broad and basic elements of any super power are economy, military, and culture. Now, as for the economy, China and India are doing well. China recently passed Japan as the world's second largest economy, and it won't be long before India passes the Japanese economy also. Then, of course, it will be a matter of time before both nations pass the U.S. economy. This is not to say that it is impossible for the United States to prevent this, but I doubt the U.S will be able to unless it expands the use of its military power in order to promote its economic interest. I am sure that the use of economic power in order to reinforce economic interest sound familiar. We have done it throughout history, and other countries have done it too, including Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and etc. The problem is that the United States military is so vastly superior to the other militarizes of the world that there would be little or no counter balance unless multiple nations mobilize and use their industry to prepare for war. I think China and India, due to their economies and man power, would be a monster in regards to militarization during the time of war. In WWII, countries dedicated their entire economies on military production. You had a large majority of citizens working in military factories making bombs, tanks, guns, and other military hardware. Nevertheless, the fact is that, one-on-one, the United States stands as by far the greatest military power on earth. Now, the economies of India and China is of course a great force to stop for the United States. However, if we look at the military, the military of a super power must be able to mobilize its forces and send them to any location in the world in a matter of weeks. The only nation that can do that at the moment is the United States. No other nations has the capacity to move its troops to any spot on Earth with ease and no struggle. Therefore, the U.S military is vastly superior, and the Chinese navy also does not come close to the U.S navy, or the Chinese airforce. The Chinese military is decades behind the United States, and so is their technology. I don't see China's military being more powerful then the United States for a while. There is no way to deny the power and might of the US military and its ability to subject its will on nations that are 1000 miles away and still maintain military organization and successfully invade a country. Look at when the Chinese tried to invade Vietnam, it was a disaster. The Chinese do not have the training or military capacity to become a global power, and they are barely holding on to regional power in regards to India being at their doorstep. Same for India, and India stands in the face of Pakistan and regional disputes that hold it back.I will write on culture later and continue this because I have to go.

Ok back. Anyway, as I was saying...India and China does not yet have the military capacity, and won't have it in the next 30 years, to rival the United States or to even exert its power to every corner of the earth. Its truly amazing how the United States can do that, and its the only nation that can at the moment. The Chinese and Indian armies are poorly trained, their airforce is no where compared to that of the U.S., and their navy certainly isn't anywhere close to the U.S. Until the Chinese navy can rival that of the U.S., since the navy is one of the elements required in order to exert force to other areas of the world, then China won't truly be a super power outside of economics. Most people see the rise of China in only economic terms, but rising to the level of super power requires more than just a good economy, you also need a powerful military. I would say that China will be the top regional power by 2025, but outside of that, China has no chance. Now also culture. I will give China one thumbs up on culture, due to the fact that I always see "Made in China" on products, but other than that, the Chinese really don't exert must cultural influence on other nations, and even their "Made In China" label is really not very cultural, if it is in fact cultural at all. When it comes to the United States, our culture is all across the world more so than anyone else. You have McDonalds and Walmarts all across the world. You have American singers known in Asian countries, but yet the average American can't name a Chinese singer, restaurant, or department store based in China. You can even look at stuff such as Google and Facebook. Most people don't even now the search engines based in China, but China knows the search engines based in the United States. The America has a monopoly on military and culture, at the moment, and China will have to have Chinese companies that are households names abroad before it can claim to be a really super power. I don't focus too much on the culture when it comes to being a super power, and I focus more on the economics and military. Nevertheless, culture is a very important part of measuring your status as a super power. It is hard to say when China and India will pass the United States, but I think that they eventually will. It really depends on what events unfold in the future. If there is a world war, I think China could become a super power faster than expected, but if things stay as they are, I would say that China would pass the U.S. in about 2100 or later. If the U.S. and China goes to war tomorrow, I would say 2025. When wars happen nations tend to put all their effort into military resource and production. As I stated before, China, with over a billion in man power, could produce and place on the battlefield almost an unlimited amount of soldiers and hardware. It would be overwhelming and surely push China's military to great heights, or at least that is my belief and theory. When it comes to China and India, I think that China win hands down.