xisto Community
mahen

Photoshop Graphics Effects Learn how to make cool graphic effects

1) Open a new document (any size) and reset your colors by pressing D then X2) Go to FILTER>RENDER>DIFFERENCE CLOUDS3) Go to FILTER>BLUR>RADIAL BLUR with these settingsAmount:100Blur Mehod: ZoomQuality: Best4) Go to FILTER>ARTISTIC>PLASTIC WRAP with these settingsHighlight Strength: 15Detail: 9Smoothness: 75) Do another FILTER>BLUR>RADIAL BLUR with the same settings as before6) Go to FILTER>STYLIZE>GLOWING EDGES with these settingsEdge Width: 2Edge Brightness: 20Smoothness: 17) Press Ctrl+U to change the color (note: colorize box must be checked):P

mahen: it would be nice if you could write about what the final image should look like instead of giving just the steps on how to create something. going one better would be giving us a link to an image you have created with this process. :(hope to see more from you :D

mahen: it would be nice if you could write about what the final image should look like instead of giving just the steps on how to create something. going one better would be giving us a link to an image you have created with this process. :)

hope to see more from you :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This was my result

Posted Image

Two major tutorial sites I like are:

Tutorialized Dot Com

Pixel2Life Dot Com

This was my result

Posted Image

Two major tutorial sites I like are:

Tutorialized Dot Com

Pixel2Life Dot Com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God they look well cool, wish i could make something like that. Did u do it in adobe photoshop, i heard that photoshop the biggest peace of software used when making graphics is that right.

Iv only used photoshop for editing text in a .psd file lol :(

Hope to learn web graphics soon :(

cool ! did you made this tutorial yourself or did you copy'd it from a tutorial site?i find it hard to make cool effects, i know where the buttons are, but how to make cool effects.. i use tutorials :lol:http://www.good-tutorials.com/ realy has alot !

I have also found myjanee.com to be a good photoshop tutorial site.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

eww. I don't like myjanee. All her tuts look so cheesy and fake. Plus, I don't think she has a good grasp of everything photoshop can do. I mean, she doesn't even seem to know what a dropshadow is! Her instructions say to use the brush tool with black at a low opacity. XP But I do have to admit that that one corkboard tutorial is quite decent. It's very unique.

For ps tuts, I would suggest good-tutorials.com and pixel2life. Good-tuts is organised and faster loading, so in general I like it better, But p2l has just as good tuts.

I remember when I first started out in PS and I was looking for any and every tutorial site I could to hone my Photoshop skills, and even I, a complete noob, strayed away from myjanee.com. I'm with alis, good-tutorials.com rocks. zymic.com is another fantastic PS resource site, he's got some kick *bottom* templates.

Thanks for posting up the picture of what can be created. It's such an easy tutorial for a a really cool effect so I this knowledge will come in handy. I checked out a lot of the other tutorial pages that the other posters linked and they're wonderful. I highly suggest going to them and I'd just like to note that Pixel2Life.com is the place I go to for learning new techniques in most programs because there are more than just Adobe Photoshop tutorials.