xisto Community
TaurenShaman

Yahoo Chat Rooms... Scum Of The Internet

Well not to beat a dead horse (or thread in this case) what does everyone think about the Yahoo! chats getting shut down? If you haven't heard, the user created chat rooms of Yahoo! have been closed for about a month now. Although Yahoo! done this of their own accord, many speculate that it stems from the lawsuit that Yahoo! is currently in. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well not to beat a dead horse (or thread in this case) what does everyone think about the Yahoo! chats getting shut down?  If you haven't heard, the user created chat rooms of Yahoo! have been closed for about a month now.  Although Yahoo! done this of their own accord, many speculate that it stems from the lawsuit that Yahoo! is currently in.  http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow

I noticed a couple days ago the user rooms were closed

but I didn't know about that lawsuit

I figured something like that would happen eventually, the bots and creepy old guys were everywhere, in every room, promoting/asking for sex and all that other stuff, even if the subject was something religious or what not.

It was getting extremely out of hand

I hate to see the rooms go personally, but of course I am a big fan of free speech and I believe one should be able to do anything they want, as long as they don't trample the rights of others. It maybe true that only scum visits (or used to visit) the chat rooms, yours truely excluded of course, but they wouldn't exist if there was no demand. Free commerce at its best, when there is a demand for scum, scum will alway prevail.On another note, Yahoo! must be taking a beating right now. Since the user chats have closed I have noticed a marked decline in the number of friends signed in. Yahoo! better do something soon or they will loose all of the market share that they had. Everyone I know is either not fooling with Yahoo! at all or going to other services.

I agree that most Yahoo Chatrooms are dirty. Not all of them, but most of them. You go to a clean chatroom there's still some dirty guys. Pathetic guys actually who probably can't get some in real life. I just don't get cyber. Can u actually trust everyone do it with??? What if it's like an old guy or something haha.

My Girlfriend was using yahoo messenger to chat with her friends in one of those Yahoo Channels. There was this guy who chatted with her like she was some cheap ***** in which she was offended and made her angry to the hacker in the chatroom, she was then booted. Then this hacker hacked her account and obtained her passwords. Now the hacker is negotiating with her in order for him to return her account back. My gurlfriend refused, and now the hacker doesnt stop on ruining my gurlfriends' identity on the net. If anyone here knows my gurlfriend, she's not a *****, and she's not the one on those nude poses. I wonder why people from Yahoo tolerate users to use their technology for such acts. Their channels are now being slowly filled with deviants. Yahoo provides haven for people such as older men trying to get younger women. Flying sluts, booters and malicious hackers. People such as we who dont know much about technology are defenseless with these types of people, and Yahoo doesnt even care. I have read that this problem traces back on several older versions of the Messenger. Yahoo is version 8 now, I hope they can do more than just add features and provide new skins. Several third party clients are created to address issues regarding, booting and hacking, I really appreciate their hardwork like the team of YahElite, the yTunneler and others for doing these things for us ignorant with technology. If these programmers can do such brilliant things, I believe that Yahoo's problem is not far from being Solvable. Only that they refuse to address where the real problem is. Thanks also for those authors who take their time to post advices for YM users to avoid being booted.

Yeah, there are two kinds of people you'll find in chat rooms. People who are really offensive and annoying, or peole who really don't talk about anything. There are exceptions, of course, but this is what i've found. When I join my friends' chats they're all immature and make wierd little jokes that arent funny. For some reason, you're much better off with 1 on 1 messages, which is why I'm very glad Google Talk didn't even try to put chat rooms in.

To my knowledge there is only one way to “hack” a Yahoo account and that is done by cracking. Simply put, an attacker tries a list of possible passwords (dictionary) until he finds the password. The sure fire way to avoid this type of attack is to use a password that is not a common word or even a word at all. Another downfall to this attack is Yahoo limits a user to how many times they can try a password before they get blocked (999 HTTP response header). One can possibly lengthen the search space by using proxies but this can become quite difficult very quickly.I am not trying to be harsh to your girlfriend but this time make sure she uses a secure password. This includes uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and special characters and is at least eight characters long. I highly doubt a cracker could get her password any other way. To validate my suspicions, ask her what her old password was.

there is no differenece between yahoo and AOL rooms.. it seems like where ever you go its gonna happen.. and its sad to hear or say that.. but its true.. and ive seen on tv where they are finding some of these people. and im glad.. but it is pretty bad that the yahoo and AOLpeoples re4ally cant controll it.. there should be something that sets of an alert like adding banned words.. soemthing that will notify yahoo everytime a certain word is type and who typed it ..

yahoo chat is the biggest joke of the internet. I have conducted my own survey to find real people but so far only bots, web site hustlers or other assorted promoters  of dating services  etc  now probably yahoo gets away with this or does not care since they " hold up" their site visitors volume  on the search engine to  sell ads of their own

REALITY AND FACTSYahoo Chat Rooms... Scum Of The Internet

We most of our friends using yahoo messanger since many years and it is the best messenger in the world to interact all kind of people of all tastes according to mood and choice while u talk decent make fun or information or loved ones with cam sound smilies and much more for user facility I was bored and felt sucked by using AOL,MSN,MIRC they are too much boring good only if u have to talk some one 1by1 to whom u already talked so much in your lifewhile good change made by yahoo to enter each room need code to verify and stop spamming the only thing yahoo should take a note of it is that they should ban all such softwares and ips which using booters or locking rooms or mics lockers spammers laggers etc so every one can get liberty freedom of speech I challenge all of u since using from 30 years all messengers yahoo is the best direct rate it 5 stars

-reply by prince of usa

On yahoo chatrooms.....Yahoo Chat Rooms... Scum Of The Internet

OMG! I'm sooooo disgusted with these sex hungry monsters in the chatrooms. I got bored one day and just wanted to chat with some norman people and ALL I got were people that sent me links to their webcam sites. I did talk to one person, who I'm still 50% was a person. Could have been a bot. The conversation went something like 

hey?(me)

asl? 

are you a bot?

no why do you think I'm a bot?

I'm sick of this site, and no I don't want your sex, and no I wont give you my money, I think I'm leaving.

I'm a normal girl I just want to chat.

ok.

hey do you want to see my webcam?

no! bye!

-reply by marcus

yahoo messenger titleYahoo Chat Rooms... Scum Of The Internet

I think yahoo messenger has a lot of fakes and people that just set around computer all dayWith no life and booth people for just fun to me thats not fun I have a life if thats all they have to do I feel sorry for them.

-reply by David

links to sex chat roomsYahoo Chat Rooms... Scum Of The Internet

I totally agree about the complaint about links to sex chat rooms this has happened every time ive tried to speak to a female they lead you on then up pops a links and "see me on cam I'm naked" also why are there persons under the age of 60 in the 60+ chat rooms surely it should be this age group and nothing else?What also annoys me are the popup messages via yahoo I ignore them and just spam them hopefully anyone trying to contact me again wont get anywhereIts time yahoo did something about users who use yahoo chat rooms to lead users to sex chat rooms cant yahoo block their ip to stop this nonesense?

-reply by DONALD KIRKBRIDE