xisto Community
vizskywalker

Pentium V. Celeron what is the difference

I think that Fedora will run faster on your Celeron, becouse it supports additional instructions set: SSE (Streaming SIMD Extension), which makes more operations available.

Glad I could help you :P Good luck with changing that stuff. And don't brake off the Celeron's "legs" while changing :P

Hmm...I heard celerons were 33% less efficent then pentiums.

I'm thinking of upgrading from celeron to pentium...But would I have to get a completly new mother bother or no?.

My current celeron chip is: celeron ® 2.2ghz...Think A p4 with ht tech would fit in there?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you can put Pentium 4 in your motherboard, but only SOCKET 478 model. The fastest Pentium 4 for S478 is Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 3.46GHz. But it's a waste of money, so you should be interested in Pentium 4 with Hyper-Threading Technology. It has 512Kb or 1Mb cache and 2.40 to 3.40 core speed.

Post you motherboard model and manufacturer, so I can tell you more.

The switch is made :rolleyes:. (No threat of breaking the legs, I just put the motherboard with the celeron into the case I wanted.) The only question now is how many times do I have to install windows XP with my corrupted disk before It actually works, and what bugs am I going to find in fedora core 4 test release 1.Thanks everyone.~VizP.S. As far as my particular question goes, this thread is closed. I'm leaving it open as a further discussion of the differences between Celeron and Pentium.

i have purchased gateway company laptop model ML-5232 intel celeron product

Pentium V. Celeron

Please advise whether it is suitable for home purpose,if I choose internet connection whether there are any speed problems in it?

-question by raj patel

Upgrade MotherboardPentium V. Celeron

I have, a compaq presario with an intel celeron 1.2 Ghz and I want to upgrade the motherboard what do  you recommend to me that will fit in this desktop pc?

-question by tony P.

changing motherboard without change processorPentium V. Celeron

I have Intel D845GVS1 model motherboard and Pentium 4 CPU 2.4GHz now I decided change my motherboard without changing any of my system hardware like processor simply I bought Intel latest version motherboard so I can or can't change this with my old Pentium processor also this change for installing Nvidia graphics card in my new motherboard because the graphics card port not available in older motherboard so Please help me.

-reply by DEEPAN

changing motherboard without change processorPentium V. Celeron

I have Intel D845GVS1 model motherboard and Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40GHz just now I decided to change and upgrade my motherboard to newer version without change any hardware like processor harddrive it also performed well. I am upgrading for the installing Nvidia graphics card purpose Please help me.

-question by deepan.Gai