xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
avalon1405241471

How To Save A Image In Pdf File And Download It? Programming script need hepl.

Can anyone tell how to save an image into a PDF file and download it without need to save it on the server?Thanks.All sugesstions are welcome!

Notice from microscopic^earthling:
Wrong section. Topic moved to Software > Graphics & Web Design.

Hi Avalon!Not sure I understand your question fully... are you trying to make a PDF file or are you trying to get an image from a PDF file? As well, I'm not exactly sure about the server part of your question... do you mean without having to upload the image to the server?A PDF file (Portable Document Format) contains all the data required to view the document on any operating system running Adobe Acrobat Reader. The only way to create PDF files is either Adobe Acrobat (not just the reader), Adobe Illustrator (1 page documents only) or Adobe Photoshop (rasterized images only).If you want to make a PDF from Photoshop, I'd question why? Simply saving your image as a JPG ensures compatibility on everything without the need for a plugin to view your work.Hope this helps! If I'm way off base in answering your questions, perhaps you could re-phrase them for me and I'll do my level best :PCheers,Phoenix :P

I hav ethe same problem as RainbowPhoenix in understanding your post...I'm going to cover the other interpretation....you have to open your acrobat PDF, the search for the image yo want to get from the file, click on the little camera (see image above)the pick the image area and that image will be savec in your clipboard, the, got to your favorite image edition image a pste it as a new file, and thats all there is to it!!!!Hope this works.. please explain yourselve

Hi,Why make it as surch complicated! The easiset way to do it it to print the image to PDF printer. Then would it automatically opens into adope acrobat.CheersJens

Hi,

Why make it as surch complicated! The easiset way to do it it to print the image to PDF printer. Then would it automatically opens into adope acrobat.

Cheers

Jens

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think this is also a closest match for Avalon's problems...

Can anyone tell how to save an image into a PDF file and download it without need to save it on the server?

Thanks.

All sugesstions are welcome!

Notice from microscopic^earthling:
Wrong section. Topic moved to Software > Graphics & Web Design.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am not quite sure what you mean, but I will try to answer your question to the best of my ability.

If you make a word document and insert a photo or drawing into the document, you can then go to "save as" and convert it to a PDF file (at least this is how I do it on my Mac). I am not quite sure if you want just the photo as a PDF, but that does not make much sense and I will assume that is not the case.

If a photo is saved in a PDF file, it is part of the PDF file and you do not need to save another copy of the photo on the server.

Does anyone else have suggestions to help him/her?

PDF files are kind of tricky, because some computers have trouble with older versions or newer versions, I know that a lot of free-hosting websites have auto-downloads for PDF files instead of opening it up.

I posted this website in a free web-site hosting post but I think it'll help you as well. Free Web Hosting It's got a website that has file hosting, mostly images but there are a lot of websites that deal with pdf files, psd, and things like that. Even MP3's and larger video files.

Another way to get the file to download automatically through clicking, is zipping it into a .ZIP file. That's the best way to send any kind of information on the internet in my opinion. Not only does it compress the actual file, but it also comes with funky things like allowing you to simply view it, or open it or remove it, etc. It's helpful and a lot of sites in the Web Hosting site I posted above work with .zip files marvelously. I once zipped an entire 20MB video and set it up on one of the free image hosting web sites, and had tons of my friends download it without any problems. I really recommend doing that.

Good luck, maybe someone else can help you if I didn't understand the question
completly.

When I'm working with PDF, it's usually saving images I make from Photoshop to print. I think someone above had already mentioned this is poitless, to just save it as a jpeg or something... but I disagree.When I was doing graphics, I found that saving my photoshop images as a high-quality PDF file was the best way when getting them professionally printed. Because when you go to a professional printer, they wont have photoshop so they wont be able to open a ps file, and I've had troubles with saving images as large TIFFs and so forth. As for being able to download it without saving it on a server... I'm not sure exactly what you mean. If you want a PDF downloadable from a website, you're going to have to upload it to the site's server for it to be available for download, just like any other file. The reason why alot of formal sites tend to put their info in a PDF file for downloading, rather than just displaying the info, is because most of the time that information is already previously presented in - like - a book or pamphlet or something. And converting the graphics from them into a PDF to download is esier and more efficient than retyping all that info. My guess is that the info and images and all were already put together by quark express or some other program, and they just saved the files as PDF. I've also heard it's possible to use XML to create PDF files, although I havent put that into practise myself.Hope that answers what you wanted to know.

touchpdf/pdfit

How To Save A Image In Pdf File And Download It?

http://www.touchpdf.com/pdfit.Jsf provides a firefox extension which allows saving current page as PDF file, so the solution is:

1) install firefox

2) install pdfit extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/pdfit/)

3) open your image using firefox

4) tools-->pdfit-->save as pdf-->whole page

1.I have a website using mysql. I want users of the site to query it and display the results in a format that can be printed by whoever is viewing the data. Can anyone provide me with some useful information on where to go to find out how to do this? I need to be able to do this using PHP code, unless it is an existing script I can weave into my code.

2. I would also like to provide the user with a screen that they can print of an existing signup sheet that would merge their information (name address etc) into the header and then be able to printout the completed page. The signup sheet will consist of the header, horizontal and vertical lines underneath the header with column headings.

Thanks for any help you can provide

-question by Jim Yeatrakas

how to save a file with relation to already existing fileHow To Save A Image In Pdf File And Download It?

I got a senario in which two types of files are there.Parent files,child files.

example:I saved  parent file as parent1.Pj(pj is custom extension). The parent1 has three children children1.Map,children2.Map,children3.Map.

My requirement is first user will open the parent1.Pj using jfilechooser.Now he want see the child files .By using jfilechooser he opened opendialog box.In that how can we display child files of that parent1.Pj instead of showing all child files.How to achieve this?.My application is notepad and I am using swings.Sorry for poor english.