xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fusethemusic

Photoshop Tutorial: Make A Fireball Effect Tutorial to make a fireball in PhotoShop

First open a new documentFill the layer with a color, start with blackUse Filter>Render>Lens Flare and choose 50-300mm zoomApply five lens flare, 1 in the center and 4 in each cornerThen apply Filter>Sketch>Chrome with detail of 4 and smoothness of 8Copy the layer and apply Filter>Distort>Twirl of 200Copy that copied layer and apply Filter>Distort>Twirl with -400Set both copied layers blending mode to Lighten and merge all layersNow go to Image>Adjustments>Color Balance and choose whatever color, I did red.You can mess around with some of those parameters to change it up a bit, like the lens flare type or blending modes. Also if you want to..You can make it kinda like a matrix effect if you:Copy the final layer before you change the color balanceApply Filter>Distort>Wave and choose square (it's automatically generated so you can change it however you want)Change the blending mode to lighten again and merge layers.Now use the color balance and choose green for a matrix look.Cheers

Here is what I got:

Posted Image

The effect is cute. I also added motion blur, gaussian blur.

I would rate the tutorial 7.5/10

The effect is easy as well as attractive. Adding some Radial blur with zoom gives a real good look. Adding good-font and borders can give you a real good signature.

Thanks for the tutorial man, keep up the good work

Speedy

Neat! Good step by step tutorial, but you would attract a lot more attention, if you illustrated the steps with pictures, so people see what it could look like!This will also give you more credits, because it's easier to see.thanks for the tut,ruben