xisto Community
jackpinerepublic

Video Editing Software Is there one that will edit frames

I've tried using Windows Movie Maker, and I had the idea of taking snapshots of each frame, editing them, and then putting them back in and cutting out the others. This took forever and then I lost the audio.

Yeah, Movie Maker is good to a certain point. Not professional by a long shot... but good enough to make cool little movies and stuff. If you just want a little commercial, video tutorial, or something like that to put up on your site, Movie Maker is your man.

Otherwise, you should definitely look into other options. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to that yet.

In the past, for several student films, I have used a combination of Final Cut Pro and Flash and even photoshop in one instance to create a animation using actual pictures, or frames from previously shot footage. A simple but time consuming process that essentially involves cutting up the footage into a desired amount of individual frames then manipulating it in Photoshop, ie adding solar flares, color correction ect. These "manipulated" frames can be loaded back into Final Cut and laid out as animation.Final Cut Pro also has some features that allow you to add effects you're video. I certain you would be able to place a black box over someone's face. You probably can on cheaper versions of Final Cut too but I'm not 100%

EVen if you can't afford the full Adobe premiere or final cut pro, and Avid Free DV isn't easy enough for you, i'd highly recommend Adobe Premiere Elements. It's a stripped down version of premiere, without all the pro effects and pro stuff. By pro stuff, I mean the stuff the average editor or home user won't need. It is well worth the $100, even $70 is you shop around. It is the best bargain for cheap/affordable video editors around.Jahshaka is getting up there though. I'm still awaiting the 3.0 release, where they've totally revamped the interface and started over from new code. The 2.0 jahshaka had a promising Non-linear editing environment, but it needed work. I hear 3.0 is much improved. Now if only we could all see this 3.0 in action, i could give you another recommendation to consider. But until then, adobe premier for the win!

Response to yur question

Video Editing Software

There is one, ArcSoft ShowBiz DVD 2

-reply by Sameer1000

The topic

Video Editing Software

Hey. I've edited quite a few videos too. Instead of spending 100 bucks on Adobe Premier pro or something. You can go get Pinnacle Studio 11 or 10. They both have censor effects, and black box effects. It is really easy to use and easy to figure out. The bad thing about Adobe Premier is, for a first time user, it takes a while to figure out what to do. That is for PC.

If you have a Mac, then you can just use iMovie which probably came with your Mac. If you don't have it, either go get the iLife suite, or get Final Cut. You don't need pro because Pro is basically just for professional video editors. I'm quite sure you won't need it.

-reply by videditor =D

free video and audio editor.Video Editing Software

is there any body to help me out in searching of such a soft ware which is helpful in combination of both video and audio means I've one video for which I want to change its audio with other one in right time and make a movie  /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley5.Gif

-question by rahul

I'm using Sony Vegas. This is a flawless movie application software. I'm still new to it but I already used it a couple of times and it doesn't disappoint me, so far. Some say hollywood movies are helped using this application, and of course from 3ds Max and Maya.

Is anything free or a trialVideo Editing Software

I'm a cadet in the ROTC program and need to edit the movie Platoon.  Is there any free software that can censor and delete sections and *bleep* out audio? a trial for a program would work as well I guess... Thanks for any replies

-reply by Rogers

ummm you can try your hand on the sony vegas pro or the adobe premier... though adobe is costlier than the sony but both are almost equal. Not to forget the wmm that one is pretty good but i doubt that it can censr or let you edit the video to such an extent anyways try vegas its cheap and good.

I'm using Sony Vegas. This is a flawless movie application software. I'm still new to it but I already used it a couple of times and it doesn't disappoint me, so far. Some say hollywood movies are helped using this application, and of course from 3ds Max and Maya.

Sony Vegas is amazing! I use it to edit every single video that I make. Windows Movie Maker is absolutely terrible. It makes it ridiculously hard to edit video clips along with audio. It really limits the amount of things you can do with a video. PowerDirector is also a really good video editor as well.

I would not consider 3DS Max and Maya to be video editors. There are more 3-D modelers. You can render your creations but you cannot really edit video with the programs. I have used Maya before to make an animation of a virus. I really like the program.