xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jipman

Whatpulse

As some of you may have noticed on this forum there is something called Whatpulse, let me explain what that is.

Whatpulse is a project with a program that counts the number of keys you press on your keyboard or clicks you make with your mouse.

There is no goal in it, and the project is just for fun. On http://whatpulse.org/ you can find a ranklist with people you have entered the world of WP. While it's a relatively new project there are quite a number of people who participate.

You can fight for the #1 place in the single-user list, or you can also join or start a team and try to get the first place in the team-ranks. That's where my idea kicks in, I was wondering if we could create an Xisto-whatpulse team, and make a throw to the number 1 place, or at least for fun.

If you are interested, you can read more about Whatpulse here

http://whatpulse.org/whatis/

The following people I know of have whatpulse:

- me (jipman)
- microscopic^earthling
- szupie

Finally, when you are in the IRC channel of Xisto, you can use the !wp <username> command to see the whatpulse stats of a user. This command was made my microscopic^earhtling and me:D

Note that the username must be the WHATPULSE-username of the person, which can differ from the astahostname. For instance, on Whatpulse my username is Chinees instead of jipman.

I hope there will be a lot of Xisto-pulsers so we can create our own team.

Even I've joined the team. When I did it was ranked around 2,900 something.. With all our key-clicks we should sail right up. :) All the best guys.. Keep typing for your life :(

After wwheeler and jipman joined in we've shot straight upto: The team holds 0.01% percent of all the teams/users of this project, and is ranked 1613th ;) nice.. keep going guys. Lets make a world record in here ;)

Whatpulse is good fun :)I been using it for a couple of months now and its very interesting seeing your how many keys you type in a day. I accually surpised myself with how much i type

I have the most I have the most I have the most :(....Just kidding ;)Hey m^e, maybe we could create a top 10 of our team....As soon we have more than 10 members that is. :)

Well I was kinda hesitant to download it again after some problems I was ahving with it when I first started (pages is Firefox just started shaking up and down like somebody was moving the scroll wheel), but I downloaded it again and it works fine. I jsut have to take it off when I play a racing game, becuase for some reason it's as if some arrow keys are acting like they're either being pressed at random moments, or they're stuck (which they aren't, and I think it may be both), 'cuz my car will swerve. :P

Anyway, I was on the Xisto team for a little while, but I decided to start my own team. :P