xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ill

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas my review

It's not a matter of the level of violence, and because you don't know that I'm going to assume you're all just a group of pointlessly rebellious preteens.If you can't tell the difference between killing an innocent bystander, blowing up the coming ambulance and slitting the throats of the paramedics versus putting a bullet in the head of a crazy zombie intent on eating your flesh then you really should pay more attention when your parents give you "the talk" because somehow I think you'll wind up with a rubber duck on your thang.

well, if you round up 100 kids (age 14-20) probobly a majority of them have played GTA and most of them liked it. A lot of parent's are looking for a scape goat when their kids do these kind of things so they blame GTA instead of themselves, so many kids have played the game it starts to become relevant in these kids cases.

I always loved your random sarcasm, Armstr0ng.The reason our parents are all screwed up and need to blame videogames is because they were beat by their parents back in the 60's-70's and now look at the next generation--so afraid to get their asses kicked that they carry knives and guns around. Man, in my time (5 years ago) we went fists against anyone and people either won or lost and everyone came out happy and bloody. Some of my best friends were my worst enemies before I broke one of their bones.We'd all get along better if we just beat the crap out of people and got it over with--and I mean that seriously. No more pent up, psycho post office workers with semi-automatic handguns! Just a good asskicking and some blood-soaked mail. Would work in all walks of life. I bet the terrorists would be happy if Bush came and boxed Osama--win or lose they'd probably just walk away with a better understanding of each other.*puff, puff, passes to Armstr0ng*

I used to think a lot of the stories about violence and kids were exagereated, but now that I see video's of fight clubs were they go around and beat up kids just to see blood it makes me wonder. I don't think it's the amount of violence they see it's just that parents don't teach their kids how to process it all. I'm 16 and i play GTA but it doesn't make me wan't to go gundown a hooker, if I do that I know I can't jack a car, take it to a Pay 'n Spray get away just like that, but I'm beggining to think that other kids arn't that sharp.

It's been said before, but the reason parents attempt to blame anything for a child's behavior, be it music, movies, or video games, is because they need something to take the blame. Hence the "Blame Society" mentality. Most parents don't want to look at themselves and realize that they've failed their children in terms of guidance and upbringing. Whether it was because they didn't know how to raise a child, were too busy (however one can be too busy for their own child), or didn't care, or were just bad parents to begin with. So... obviously there is no way in hell they could do that much wrong to their children, it HAD to be someone else's fault.Then the finger-pointing begins.

I dont think this generation of parents is stupid. To tell you the truth, the only parents that blame the media is suburban people. You will hardly ever see a person from middle class to poverty blame the media. Besides, most of the time when kids commit murder and what not they blame it on the media so that they wont get in to to much trouble. Geez.... my generation is so stupid.

Bottom line is that most people don't take responsibility for their actions. When something goes wrong, people are always quick to blame others but not themselves.Btw, I'm 100% sure my parents would blame this game for teen violence. They think video games make people stupid.

I live in the U.S. and I've never seen a commercial for RE4, it's probably just that I don't watch stations that host those commercials... then again, I don't watch much TV at all except when a baseball game is on...

GameDuke: look, the fact is games dont kill people, just becuz someone kills innocent people in a videogame doesnt mean he should copy it, even 10 year olds know the difference between reality and fictionI agree up to the last part. You maybe around alot of "in tune" people in your life but, there are lots of people even adults who still can't tell the difference between a game and reality. It's sad really but, that fact is the world is mostly made of morons.

in all fairness i have not heard one bad thing about the killing of humans in FABLE!!!i mean i had the choice of killing my sister with a pick axe, a sword, skorms bow, or arkens crossbow...i mean the choices were so hard that i decided to kill her with a level 4 FIREBALL!!!!!!it was sweet!!! now im thinkin about OFFin my sister!!! but first i need to acquire the technology of a homemade FIREBALL!!

I am sure that all of you have read the Recent scandal and I killer008r, the former tech guru on Astahot, untill I became a GM for WoW (:) and I'm only 16) am here to rant about that scandleSo if you have to download the Patch to make sex scene veiwable what makes the patch any different from the Laura Croft and the Sims nude patches? Why haven't games such as Leisure Suit Larry MCL (the new one) and The Playboy Mansion gotten the boot from stores, not to mention why are they not rated Adult, they are rated mature like San Andreas, although they are worse habited. Leisure Suit Larry has a cheat built into the game,(mind you, you don't have to download somthing extra) that lets all the Female characters become nude and in practially every cut-scene there is either rude sexual remarks, or Larry is having sex with someone and it is still on store shelves and still rated M when I think it is worse sexually, and racially discriminating than GTA:SA. Playboy Mansion is like drunk Sims on crack, you can make the Playmates Strip down to their undies and topless, and if you really want to theres a patch (mind you this is the EXACT SAME THING as why they are giving GTE:SA the boot) that lets you take of the Playmates panties (you can already have them topless). And this game is only rated M. Dosen't it make you think about why they haven't been given the AO rating but SA which has a patch that kids have to go online to download and they have to Search on the torrent sites (since right now thats the only place I could find it, and before you say anything I'm not that big of a pervert, I just heard of the scandle and wanted to see how hard it was to find that patch, and although I found it there were no seeds and the server was down.) You people might be thinking, but the kids parents would know better than to buy games such as TPbM and LSLMCL. You would be correct, but if they know better than to buy those M rated games for their children, shouldn't they be the blame for getting a game that for years has created massive amounts of controversy. And finnaly If they would keep all this out of the news I bet close to 100% of the world wouldn't know about this patch, and almost 40% of America would be trying to ban the game off our shelves because they bought it for their children and didn't think that the game had correct morals for their 10-11 year old kid who wanted the game for his/her birthday and their parents bought it, and yet they blame the producers and the manufacturs of the game for making them buy it for their kid. I'm done ranting, have any comments? Feel free to PM I like hearing about how you enjoyed or disliked my rant.