xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ill

Forumscript an alternative to phpbb and ipb

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

this forum is easily skinnable thorugh a .htm file..
you users do not have to sign in (i know phpBB and ipb allow guest posting too)
it is a very small file and i don't believe it uses and databases.

if my users want a forum for my website, since this is very easy to skin and isn't too hard to mess with, i'm going to use this one. in the past i've used phpBB and ipb but i don't really like them as they're too hard to skin and such. this one would be easy to put in my site.. :)

I dunno....it just seems too simple for my tastes. :)

Anyway, if all you want is a single-forum BB system like this one, 'cept in PHP, try Thema Topico, the precursor to the MyTopix forum software I've talked about before. It has its bugs, such as one in the word filter (A** is automatically filtered, but that presents a problem becuase it will turn "password" into "p######word" or "association" into "######ociation", even in the help files, but it's easily fixed by going into the ACP and adding a space on both ends, or just removing it from the filter), and a stastics problem (which is also easily fixed by recounting the stats from the ACP).

The download seems to have been removed from the Jaia Interactive website, but I still have it on my hard drive, so I'll probably put it in a zip archive sometime soon and upload it to my site...BTW, you can also find a preview of Topico on my site by clicking here. :(