xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mistikpso

Help With Task Manager ......

Running Windows XPI went to go do the ctrl+alt+delete thing and a message pops up that saysTask Manager Has Been Dasibled By Your AdmidistratorI doesnt make sense because every user name (including the one i use) is a system admidistrator account...i went on the other username and the task manager worked fine.....? :angry::blink::ph34r::):P:P:P Any Ideas

Logon to Windows as AdministratorStart > Run (enter: gpedit.mcs ) OKClick on ''User Configuration'' (left side)then ''Administrative templates'' then ''System'' and click on ''Ctrl+Alt+Del Options'' double click on ''Remove Task Manager'' choose ''Disabled'' OK :angry: IF IS HELPED TO YOU PLEASE TELL ALL YOUR FRENDS FOR MY WEB SITE (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) My email: Michael_Podner@inet.hr :blink::ph34r::):P

i think your system is infected by virusso scan your system by antivirus many virus can change admin permission or some thing like thatfor example regedit.exe i think you install one software like firewalls or security software and then this software change your permission

Did a quick net search and came up with this site:
Possible Solution

I haven't tested the solution, but you might give that a shot.

I have heard of certain malware programs making this change, do you have a good spyware cleaner? If so run it, you'll probably still have to make the registry changes suggested in the website I posted.