xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kokushta

My Modem Does Not Make That Connections Sound Modem speakers dont make any sound

My modem does not make that connections sound, but it connects to internet. What might be the problem, why my modems speakers dont work?

Notice from szupie:
This does not belong in the Tutorials section. The tutorials section are only for topics that start with a tutorial. Read the rules carefully. Moving this to here.

i hate my sound, i got it turned off, to configure it go to where your icon is, go to properties, then go to configure and there will be choices, one saying enable modem speaker or something to that effect.

why would you want the sound of the dialing turned on? i hate it also when it comes on when i am connecting to the net. but thats when it was the dial up days.to turn it on just fo to the internet connection properties and turn it off. simple as that!

Man I remember those days of dial up. If I were you i'd be glad that there was no sound coming out. Unfortunalty during the summer i still have to use dial-up so Im not completly free.

if you are talking about dialing connetion you have to put a string in your modem.

reset your modem:

ATZ

this command it's the most used, it's used to set as inicial. I guess that what you´re looking for:
AT&F

Sharp modems:
HSP
AT&FE1V1X4&C1&D2

USR - Trouble connection
AT&FS15=128

HSP 56K AUDIO MODEM HAYSER
AT&FX3

Speed conetion. it changes the Buffer and changes to v34
AT&F&C1&D2&K3&W1N0S37=0

its not broken, its just a setting thing like people said before, most major ISPs (internet service providers) gives you an option to whether you want to have it on or not, you just got to look for it, they are usually under the Connection Properties or similar buttons

My modem does not make that connections sound, but it connects to internet. What might be the problem, why my modems speakers dont work?

Notice from szupie:
This does not belong in the Tutorials section. The tutorials section are only for topics that start with a tutorial. Read the rules carefully. Moving this to here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

usually that is a good thing, there is a volume setting usually in the properties of it or a disable/enable. God i hate that noise XD. But now i have ADSL.

If the dial tone sound went off automatically it might be a sign of a war-dialer. A malicious program that uses your modem to call expensive foreign numbers. They tend to turn off the sounds so that you won't hear when its making its calls.So if it happened automatically, do a full system virus scan with a up-to-date scanner. Or better yet few different scanners. My friends computer got attacked by one of these and it happened while he was still living with his parents. You guessed it, his dad wasn't overly joyed. In fact he went without internet at home for couple of months.