xisto Community
Giniu

What Happend With Edit Button? ... I just dont get it... :|

Hi... :) isn't this strange, that I can't see "edit" button under my posts? something changed? I had to add post in FTP topic since I wasn't able to see "edit"... I'm using FireFox, but this shouldn't make any diference, yesterday before I get my hosting package, everything was as usual... do you have any idea what is wrong? maybe I skiped some news? And I'm placing there links to some screenshots...:

so... there is proof I'm logged in as Giniu... : [yup - that's me]
and there is my last post in w3c... : [yup... there was edit button]

HEY!!!! you are totally right!!!!i hate it when, after posting, i rember something else, or discover something usefull.... and i can't post it freely, because i feel like spamming...With the edit button u just go and correct it... add a comment, etc...PLEASE PUT IT BACK.. that and the most active topics, not just the last... that helps a lot!!!!!

Anytiime a post is made, your hosting credits go up, users posted huge noncense and then deleted the content and put "yeah, lool I agree" and received 15 to 20 hosting credits for bull posts.Now the edit button is gone to prevent that and to make users think or use the preview before they post...If nobody abused the system the edit button would have stayed, but the abuse of a few affects us all.Nils

I understand your point, but maybe there is a solution?What if edit button would affect hosting credits (changing them to value that it would be like it would be post just like after editing), of even using it would cost some hosting credits?Then if there would be need to use it, there would be chance, but also no one would use it without thinking...how about that? :) please think about that...

Or make the edit button just be addition only, that way people can say "what I meant was", but the bogus posts can be read by admins and marked as spam, and the perpetrators will lose more credits for a deleted post than they would for just editing it.

Or make the edit button just be addition only, that way people can say "what I meant was", but the bogus posts can be read by admins and marked as spam, and the perpetrators will lose more credits for a deleted post than they would for just editing it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

THat would give us even more work :( BUT if there is a reason to edit your post, you can reply to it with a request to merge topics, as jipman did here (the red text in the post was me LOL). This doesn't affect credits, since you receive credits for the post and replies.. merging those posts will leave those credits unaffected :)

What *could* be done is that when editting the credit script recalculates the amount of credits. But this would probably cause too much of a load and causes crashes.

i tought we had a nice and honest monunity.. didn't cross my mind the cheat on the posting credits... too bad people are like that!!!either way, i rather be seen as a "correcting spammer" than a cheater!!!!!!The reason i like edit button so much - aside from what i said earlier- is that english is my second language, meaning, i make a lot of mistakes... some time when i read what i posted i would like to correct those hideous mistakes!!!!..jejeOk, i can live without it, just don't come to hard on me if you see a doble post... please!!!!

Yeah even if you have to double post just ask a mod or admin Nicely. I've done it (when i had to triple post once :(), it may take a bit longer then just pressing the edit button, but its probably the safest way to go to stop those idiots that really are recking the community by doing this...... I HOPE UR HAPPY!

Btw just out of curiosity, is there anyway we can track who they are because i think a good ban should do nicely or just give me their address and other personal details and i'd like to deal with them (and i'm sure many other would like to do the same)..... i know OpaQue is too nice to give out someones details since it would breach the privacy policy and would end him in some trouble.

But jeeze whoever did this think about it, it's free hosting. They are giving up their time to help people like us who can't afford or just don't really want to pay for hosting yet.

You've done the right thing guys by stopping them :)

Silent

Yeah even if you have to double post just ask a mod or admin Nicely. I've done it (when i had to triple post once :(), it may take a bit longer then just pressing the edit button, but its probably the safest way to go to stop those idiots that really are recking the community by doing this...... I HOPE UR HAPPY!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Silent Soul X is correct, I recommend simply replying to the faulty post and letting the moderation team know about it.

After replying to the first post with your additions or corrections, click on the REPORT > button under your user information area. This will open a PM window where you can include a message or comment about the reported post. In the message box, just tell the moderation team know why you reported the post. Like: "I posted this correction post for my previous post" or "I need to add this post to my last one." or "I pasted this huge block of code on the wrong forum, please delete the code" (my favorite request).

In some cases, we won't bother merging the posts as they are fine being seperate. Remember to let us know why you reported the post, or at least explain in the second post why you replied to your own post. This report goes to the entire staff so that the first one to read the PM can make the corrections.

All of the Mods are happy to help out. That's why we are Mods. Our primary function is to help you, but we tend to get caught up in stopping abuse.

A little off topic, the REPORT > button was actually designed to report spam and other bad post to staff. In an effort to maintain a clean and pleasant forum, we ask that you report any post that you feel does not belong here at Xisto.

Thank you for your cooperation, :)

vujsa

I liked being able to use the edit button, but I can understand if people were abusing it then it needs to be taken away. I noticed that the edit button was gone a couple of days ago. Since then I have been using the preview post button very frequently. I find using the preview post button can also be a time saver and prevent you from getting embarassed by a imple misspell or gammatical error.I hope that people will stop abusing the many features of the forum, and keep a nice honest community. I first joined just to get the web hosting, but now I just like being a part of this community.

I find using the preview post button can also be a time saver and prevent you from getting embarassed by a imple misspell or gammatical error.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol... Did you forget to preview or was that a very ironic way of proving your point?

I never used the edit button... I always just read it through to make sure I said everything I wanted, and if I wanted to add more, I just posted again. I didn't even notice its absence...