xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Qop

Tastelabels

Quite a new thing: smartlabels. These is a handy mix of chemicals in your fresh food wrapping, which colour varies depending on the state of the food. Got a fungus? Part of the label will turn green. Expired? Part will turn red. This will make it far safer to eat something. At first it wasn't introduced yet, cuz the chemicals used to display the state of your food were more poisonnous than a runny piece of cheese. But now a safe alternative has been introduced, first smartlabels have appeared in shops in america and France. How 'bout that :)

That's pretty darn awesome. It's happened far too often that I eagerly whip out a bag of cheese only to find it expired and moldy. Ugh.Not to mention that would make working as a store stocker easier. I worked as one a few years ago, and checking the expiration dates of every single item every single morning was such a hassle. Now, just look for the warning colours =D.

I think that is pretty cool. Does it work on other things besides cheese though? Many times have I opened a carton/jug of milk and poured it on my cereal, only to find clumps of cottage cheese glob out of the container. Even better if the smart labels could detect when your chips are stale, though that is much different than mold.-Kyle

I haven't seen or heard anything like that... Where are you from...? is this a nationwide thing yet, or its barely coming out and itll take a couple more years before all butchers and supermarkets would adapt to the new smartlabels? I certainly think it would be great, cuz my dumbarse roomate always leave meat in the fridge for the longest time, and eventually I always have to throw it away, cuz he would never take it out and cook with it when he plans to.... I was raised up in a poor family, so I know the value of a dollar and not to waste food... it kills me inside having to throw away expensive and delicious steaks because his dumbarse doesnt do anything with it, and I dont want to get sick...

Quite a new thing: smartlabels. These is a handy mix of chemicals in your fresh food wrapping, which colour varies depending on the state of the food. Got a fungus? Part of the label will turn green. Expired? Part will turn red. This will make it far safer to eat something. At first it wasn't introduced yet, cuz the chemicals used to display the state of your food were more poisonnous than a runny piece of cheese.

But now a safe alternative has been introduced, first smartlabels have appeared in shops in america and France. How 'bout that :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While I've always professed that idiot proofing everything will just breed a better idiot, this seems like a very good idea, mainly because the people I live with NEVER clean out their fridge, it's gotten so bad that I've actually found bad FROZEN food in the freezer. I've learned to just stay away from perishibles in the house all together. Got any links? I'll set them as my roomates' homepages...

I just looked up "taste labels" and "smart labels" and found nothing on it with Google. I even did a few other search words and nothing popped up.Is there another name for this new labeling system? I haven't seen it yet my way.