xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vagodeoz

What Is The Use Of Service Packs For Windows?

i get ur point BUTdoes 56K connections still exit iam in INDIA and even here it has moved up to a min of 256Kok anywayyes the new service packs are worth the download as they bring new security patcheswell maybe they r not necessary 4 an average userit depends

The service pack 2 have more secure patch with firewall security so i think if have possibility to use it to make the system secure from Microsoft windows xp. or can make secure from otherhand also but it is not reliable so i also using SP2. as most says that every SP should be use time to time otherwise you suffered ya this is correct if you are using older version than you are data is not secure so how to protect data from third party tool why we are not using SP this if free use for test. it is down loadable from the site. approx. size 250 mb. it not only protect from mal function but it also protect from unauthorized use of your PC.

Isn't a Service pack for Windows OS just a collection of updates you occasionally have? For example when you install XP with SP1, you get lots of updates coming for some time, for that reason service packs are being released that you wouldn't need to do that every time you reinstall Windows, you later just install Windows, install the service pack and whola, you're updated to the latest version of updates, even though still with time you get new updates through Windows update system, for XP there is a SP3 official one from Microsoft, as I know there was an unofficial one made by some "hackers" that you get all the updates, it was a install on your own risk Software though, because different computers or for different purposes requires different files..Also, I don't know how the SP work, never really cared, but you get updates for different software you're using on Windows, for example Visual Studio, Office and so on.. as I remember there's a SP1 for Visual Studio 2005, with which you get all the updates in one file and you don't need to worry about security risks or bugs, even though you need :rolleyes: but maybe it's more stable.. :P