xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
no9t9

Why Only Some Threads Have Fast Reply?

Why is it that not all threads have fast reply? I find this a lot better than ADD REPLY because it is faster (hence the name). I hate having to wait for the stupid ADD reply page to load. Especially now that Xisto forums are so slow. Can fast reply be implemented on all threads? Just a little pet peeve I have...

From my experience I find that alternately this fast reply is appearing. Meaning since it appears when I'm posting now, it means it didn't appear before nor right after this. But this is quite unconvincing. I hope moderators and admins will reply you too.

On what threads is this happening? I dont recall having the fast-reply button missing on the threads i been reading.

i agree, was glad to see the fast reply when it was added and wish it was everywhere. Any idea why the forums have gotten so slow? It sometimes crashed my ie when i've been posting for too long. Wondering if it has something to do with the amount of people trying to post at the same time?round.trap17.com

Yeah, the fast reply is missing on some threads, its kinda weird. I thought at first that it was just the internet screwing up and not loading evrything, but after a while I saw it on many threads. Its kinda annoying, there not being a fast reply there, I use it usually, but then again, it would be annoying to go through a huge amount of threads checking or/and adding the fast reply, so I don't really blame anyone. Then again, with my internet, it is rather a big hassle trying to load all the pages on add reply...since it keeps logging me off randomly, damn computer/internet!

Wow man, maybe if waiting a couple of seconds for a web page to load is too hard for you, you should be rethinking your priorities.You are just the kind of person who'll have a stroke or an aneurism at 40 because you're allways freeting that everybody else is too slow. Have you ever thought about the possibility that YOU might be expecting to much? Maybe you should adjust the expectations you have from a FREE server, or an old person in front of you, or whatever "peeves your pet"... Slow down dude, mellow out, you're not going to last at this pace. Burning your wick at both end and all that...

First, the reason why I am asking for fast reply is BECAUSE I don't expect the free server to be lightning fast. With fast reply, it is not adding to the server load and makes the user experience on the board better. It is a WIN-WIN situation. Why would you have a problem with this?Second, why is it wrong to expect things even from a free server? Why can't I suggest an improvement to the free service? Cause it is free, it cannot be improved or shouldn't be improved? If you are content with mediocrity, that is your choice. And why would you take the time to write that pointless message which clearly did not add anything of value except to insult someone who made a suggestion to improve the forum?Why don't ALL people use dialup? Why go broadband? It is cheaper and puts less stress on resources. Why would people have a problem waiting hours for a download? Wanting to get a download in a few seconds over broadband is stupid and people should get their priorities straight. Also, why don't people stop driving and just walk or bike? It would be much better for the environment and their health. What's the problem with walking for 2 days to get to the other side of town? People who want to get to the other side of town in 10mins are simply retarded and will probably die from a heart attack because they are too impatient... Ya, if you can't tell.. I'm being sarcastic. Why wait when there is a simple solution to the problem? Waiting for the sake of waiting is STUPID. now get off your high horse... before you fall off...