xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

New: Astahost Irc Channel

HI all,

This is probably the first public announcement of the all new Xisto IRC Channel that has been opened up recently to give you realtime help with your Hosting Issues & various other problems at Xisto.

How do you get there? Simple. First you've to download an IRC client - the best out there on the net is probably mIRC. Get it at: http://www.mirc.com/

Once you have that fire it up and type /server irc.dal.net - that'll make you join the server on which our support channel is hosted.

Next, type /join #Xisto - that'll place you into our channel rightaway.. It serves as dual purpose - as a realtime support mechanism as well as a gathering place for all Xisto members. Also featured in the channel:

1. Live weather reporting on any city in the world

2. Live news feed from LinuxNews.Com

3. Live news from CNN.Com

4. More to come...

Have fun and welcome to #Xisto @ DalNet. :) Once you're there, if in doubt feel free to contact any of the Mods/Admins (marked with an "@" in front of their name, there).

P.S. For some fun, try either of: !weather or !linuxnews or !news while you're there.

In case you can't connect to irc.dal.net (like me), here's a list of other servers that you can connect to, but still end up on the same dalnet network. The bold ones are the ones I usually use and succeed in connecting to.

arcor.de.eu.dal.net

broadway.ny.us.dal.net

hotspeed.sg.as.dal.net

jade.va.us.dal.net

jingo.ix.us.dal.net

loyalty.ix.us.dal.net

masters.ix.us.dal.net

matrix.de.eu.dal.net

mesra.kl.my.dal.net

mozilla.se.eu.dal.net

novel.ix.us.dal.net

powertech.no.eu.dal.net

redemption.ix.us.dal.net

rumble.fl.us.dal.net

slimey.uk.eu.dal.net

I emboldened the redemption one - from thailand it always connects to that, and amazingly fast - though geographically it's nowhere around this region.

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)