xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tallglasowater

Avg virus defender

I prefer to use AVG with Norton Internet Security...nothing works better.

AVG Free Edition 7 is resouce light but AntiVir Personal Edition 6 is much lighter and has a higher detection rate. But the problem about AntiVir PE is that it has a Windows Classic interface which might not be very user-friendly and its update is rather slow and you'll even have to reinstall it sometimes but on the other hand, AVG isn't very user friendly too but it has a rather fast and easy update process so if you want to use it, get an on-demand virus scanner for your computer or an anti-trojan.

AVG Free Edition 7 is resouce light but AntiVir Personal Edition 6 is much lighter and has a higher detection rate. But the problem about AntiVir PE is that it has a Windows Classic interface which might not be very user-friendly and its update is rather slow and you'll even have to reinstall it sometimes but on the other hand, AVG isn't very user friendly too but it has a rather fast and easy update process so if you want to use it, get an on-demand virus scanner for your computer or an anti-trojan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use AVG when I log into Windows (very rarely do), and the only problem I had with it, was I couldn't find anything that suggested it logged what viruses were found, if anyone knows I would really appreciate it, else I think I'll just have to write a program to store it's information, I'm thinking maybe one of the files it dumps in the root directory (C:\) might contain information, but I haven't looked yet, as I said, I very rarely go on Windows now.

MC

I don`t know, I was using AVG for a long time, because it is really good free anti-virus, but when I found Kaspersky I changed my mind and started to use Kaspersky, because he is the fastest to catch virus.But in other hand AVG use less computer resources than Kaspersky.

Well, I like AVG very much because whenever i get a virus it immediately contacts me and asks me whether or not to heal, delete, or move the virus vault. And overall in the scans it picks up pretty much everything!