xisto Community
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Firefox Wants To Shut Itself Down Randomly

I don't know if any of you faced this problem before - but this happens to me quite frequently .. say, at least once a day.. But I don't think it's a problem with firefox. I think it's got something to do with certain scripts running on some pages. When I visit this pages (e.g.: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) firefox just keeps popping up a message saying it want to close all the tabs and shut down.. Very very funny.. It keeps on doing so persistently even if I cancel the dialog. On the other hand, as soon as I close this disturbing tab, all's fine.. no hassles anymore. This happens on certain random websites from time to time.. Have any of you ever experienced this before and/or found a solution ????

-----I fixed your link :) -----szupie

No, I've never experienced or heard this problem. I visited your link, but there was no problem for me. It might be something with your extensions, having conflicts with that page. I don't know.

Thats very funny. I've no extensions installed - not a SINGLE ONE.. On the other hand I had this problem too when I'd installed a whole lot of extensions.. sometimes it even attempts to close down on certain google search pages.

I have this problem, but with IE and MSN. And neither tells me that, they only close by themselves. Hmm... probably a worm or a virus...If you get the cure, please tell me. This is really freaking me out.

I used to have that problem as well, occasionally. But then, after I updated to version 1.0 from .99, I had both installed, so I uninstalled everything and reinstalled 1.0 to save space (and later upgraded to 1.01, but that doesn't matter to what I'm about to say), and after the reinstall, it worked fine. My suggestion is to save allt he bookmarks, memorized passwords, remembered searches, and config files and reinstall, it isn't that hard to do, and isn't hard to save those files if you want them saved. as a matter of fact, you may be able to just select to keep them when uninstalling. Like I said, it worked for me, but no promises.

I don't know if any of you faced this problem before - but this happens to me quite frequently .. say, at least once a day.. But I don't think it's a problem with firefox. I think it's got something to do with certain scripts running on some pages. When I visit this pages (e.g.: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/)  firefox just keeps popping up a message saying it want to close all the tabs and shut down.. Very very funny.. It keeps on doing so persistently even if I cancel the dialog. On the other hand, as soon as I close this disturbing tab, all's fine.. no hassles anymore. This happens on certain random websites from time to time.. Have any of you ever experienced this before and/or found a solution ????

-----I fixed your link :rolleyes: -----szupie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That has actually happened to me a couple of times, which is annoying. It says something like "Safari has unexpectedly quit." Safari doesn't do that. I noticed it occurs more frequently when I use the PC, though. On the Mac it hardly ever does this. It may be a glitch in the program or maybe the computer just gets tired of keeping it open. :)