xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ignition

Intersting Virus - Writing Article

A long time ago, i used to write in visual basic (college made me !)i was writing a simple activeX controll for VB that allowed forms to upload and download files from otehr programs using the same activeX control.i put it on a VB programming website as an example / tutorial to whow otehr basic winsock use, and earn myself a few points.however, their was no securety or authentication on the porgram, so in the read me, i wrote a little warning... "When active, this control will listen on port XXXX and allow anone else who makes a conection to upload / download freely. their is no securety, running this on an un-firewalled machine is almost as bad as installing sub7, this code is given as a tutorial only, DONT use this code for anything directly, i am not rsponcible.. blah blah blah"unfortunatly, it seems google picked up the keyword "sub7" and i started getting instant messages from self proclaimed *hackers*when such people contact me, i tend to ask one question.can you program assembly ?if they answer yes... (and i believe them) i call them annoying ace holes.if they answer no, i call them stupid script kiddies.unfortunatly, any idiot can cause havvok, the "i love you" worm was written in visual basic.

*Googles Sub7 but only finds reports from security firms. The worst Visual Basic program I wrote and I suppose it was a virus of some type or description printed the number 7 and didnt stop, it gave a pentium 4 a hard time. Pretty silly mistake really.

lol, if you want to give your pentium4 a run for its money...

int main() { while(true) {fork();}}