xisto Community

FTP - File transfer protocal

It is a way of sending files from your computer to your website, it is one of the best methods, to use FTP you need a client, a free one is https://www.smartftp.com/ you just give it your login details and then drag and drop files and it will upload them to your site for you. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks alot. I will do thatt

Look in the sticky posted up at the top of this forum by NilsC.Configure smartftp using that, and to upload folders and files click the little folder with a magnifying glass icon on the top icon bar. Drag and drop from that window into your connection window (in the public_html folder).If you need any more help, post.

I'll check it out aswell. I 've never used an FTP before, and wandering if it is easier than just uploading? I mean, I dunno about anyone else, but sometimes I have an heck of a time trying to upload, some days it's easy. I am wandering if having such diifaculties as I do, is it possible that it's my connection that makes it so hard? I live out of town, and use the phone lines, or does the size have to do with it?, even if they aren't that big? (I think?) and will this accure with an FTP aswell? :)

Look in the sticky posted up at the top of this forum by NilsC.

Configure smartftp using that, and to upload folders and files click the little folder with a magnifying glass icon on the top icon bar.  Drag and drop from that window into your connection window (in the public_html folder).

If you need any more help, post.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm.friend,you can first use Cpanel-->filemanager--> to Upload your files.Coz the Cpanel can let you use .zip upload then extract it on server.I think it's a faster way to upload if you are not the same country with your server.ha.:P