xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mpodner

Windows Longhorn? Operating system.

yeah, windows longhorn is not expected so soon... It might be a beta release.yeah, the most important feature expected out of windows longhorn is the winFS. If that is not there, I dont see a reason to upgrade :o

i'd give it a while to get all the kinks ironed out. Micro$oft does their beta testing on consumers, that's what i dislike most about Windows. i'll probably give it at least 6 months or so before i shell out whatever hardware i'd need to upgrade to, to get it to run properly with Longhorn

Its memory hungry, im pretty shure its gonna require the 64 bit processors, although it will still run on 32, i know that b/c i have used a copy of longhorn allready and all i have is a 32 bit. Anyways, it will come out sometime next year, at least thats what they say...They will probably will keep coming out with new versions for Developers, MSDN forums have a lot of answers. It supposed to be really secure for users and for the connections online, "good" firewall (128 bit encryption when connected to the internet). I dont know if they are still coming out with a different file system, b/c it was going to take really long. I am excited to see what the final product is going to look like.

ps. Read the MSDN forums.

I tried a version of Longhorn that was leaked online a while ago build 4074 I think. I didn't like it because it did not detect my harware properly and drivers for it are so far non-existant. You can't use XP drivers, but I had some success with win2k drivers. Funny thing is win2k and XP are supposed to use the same type of drivers. I think Longhorn will look like XP generaly but act more like win2k. I hate win2k by the way. I will not switch until longhorn is released and they get to sp2 or 3 then I'll try it again.

Personally I think windows longhorn is going to be even more like mac os x was last year, you might aswell just mac os x. but i can understand why some people would rather stick with windows cus of the 40,000 apps (most of which are spyware) n all.and i havn't actually tried longhorn but it doesn't sound all that great to me, i have also heard that longhorn will be the product which the antichrist bill gates will destroy all with.. but that might not be true. lol

Hm, it's bad :lol: They need to start from scrap if they wan't really good windows, they have money that's for sure so they can create one realy good windows, I'll use it because it will be newer that xp so...