xisto Community
chaosx2x

About Vbulletin

i've a little question a bount vBulletin, i've installed it but when i'll try to access to admin cp it asks me for login, but when i login it redirect me to the login box -.-P.S. excuse me for my bad english :D

personally i didnt known vbulletin, but always i heard that is the best forum, well to the point, i 've used phpbb and invision, but the login problems always was because cookies or use redirectors (like .tk , .cjb.net , etc). First check the internet options from your browser for example, ie, go to internet options and go to the privacy and add your address to permit all cookies, if you use redirectors, always use the real address to login.GreetsDeivid

yes i did but  tells me mynick succesfull logged in and redirect me to the same login box -.-"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

while I was trying vBulletin that happened to me a bit..

Read the installation guide that must have come with vBulletin .. make sure you're trying to access the Admin page as directed...

NOW...

The first thing you need to do is refresh your browser.. most likely this is the cause for the same page showing up.. Especially if you're using MSIE... it even happens upto 3 times refresh on Netscape.. I've not faced this problem with Firefox though.. So if you're using MSIE .. hit TOOLS> INTERNET OPTIONS> Under Temporary Internet Files, hit 'DELETE Cookies' and hit 'DELETE Files'... > OK.... this should dump your temp files and current cookies.. try loading your page and start from scratch now..

Should that not work...

Check the following..

Go to your cPanel and click on phpMyAdmin.. this will bring up your installed DB (the database with your vBulletin should you have multiple DBB's... click on the table 'USERS' and browse this table.. it will show you the logins that are available with the vBulletin DB.. this is to check that the login you originally enetered is correct.. NOW...(assuming you remember the password).. go back to your browser and try the login with your password.. if this fails.. then there is a possibility that your config file needs checking.. or if this is fine.. then you probably need to start the login process from scratch..

__Checking your 'CONFIG'

use your FTP client to go to the directory where you installed vBulletin and download the config.php file to your computer.. Open this file in a suitable Php editor and check that the database string points to the vBulletin DB you checked earlier using MyPHPAdmin.. next check that the username is correct as should be the password.

If you're unsure of the username or password go to your cpanel... click on 'MySQL Databases' under ' Site Management Tools' and make a new user id with a new password.. make sure you also update the access .. that means you check to see that you've made the username for the correct DB.. most times.. you'll need to first make a username/ password before you can use most installed php suites..

After you've done this.. add the username & password to the config.php file.. save it and upload it to the same location you downloaded from.. Try your browser again..

This really should get things working... of not.. the next option..

__Adding a login directly into your user table...

Use phpMyAdmin again.. click on the 'USERS' table.. browse this table.. insert a new login and password directly into the table..

Go to your browser.. refresh your browser.. use the new login and password you inserted directly into the Users table..

Any one of the above may solve your problem.. although if you're still facing issues.. then you can simply delete your entire installation... Delete the original database and reinstall the entire package.. infact if you have a fast connection.. I'd suggest you actually start from scratch..

All the best.. R.A.

while I was trying vBulletin that happened to me a bit.. 

Read the installation guide that must have come with vBulletin ..  make sure you're trying to access the Admin page as directed... 

NOW...

The first thing you need to do is refresh your browser..  most likely this is the cause for the same page showing up..  Especially if you're using MSIE...  it even happens upto 3 times refresh on Netscape..  I've not faced this problem with Firefox though..  So if you're using MSIE ..  hit TOOLS> INTERNET OPTIONS> Under Temporary Internet Files, hit 'DELETE Cookies' and hit 'DELETE Files'...  > OK....  this should dump your temp files and current cookies..  try loading your page and start from scratch now.. 

Should that not work... 

Check the following.. 

Go to your cPanel and click on phpMyAdmin..  this will bring up your installed DB (the database with your vBulletin should you have multiple DBB's...  click on the table 'USERS' and browse this table..  it will show you the logins that are available with the vBulletin DB..  this is to check that the login you originally enetered is correct..  NOW...(assuming you remember the password)..  go back to your browser and try the login with your password..  if this fails..  then there is a possibility that your config file needs checking..  or if this is fine..  then you probably need to start the login process from scratch.. 

__Checking your 'CONFIG'

use your FTP client to go to the directory where you installed vBulletin and download the config.php file to your computer..  Open this file in a suitable Php editor and check that the database string points to the vBulletin DB you checked earlier using MyPHPAdmin..  next check that the username is correct as should be the password.

If you're unsure of the username or password go to your cpanel...  click on 'MySQL Databases'  under ' Site Management Tools' and make a new user id with a new password..  make sure you also update the access ..  that means you check to see that you've made the username for the correct DB..  most times.. you'll need to first make a username/ password before you can use most installed php suites.. 

After you've done this..  add the username & password to the config.php file..  save it and upload it to the same location you downloaded from..  Try your browser again.. 

This really should get things working...  of not..  the next option..

__Adding a login directly into your user table...

Use phpMyAdmin again..  click on the 'USERS' table.. browse this table..  insert a new login and password directly into the table.. 

Go to your browser..  refresh your browser..  use the new login and password you inserted directly into the Users table.. 

Any one of the above may solve your problem..  although if you're still facing issues..  then you can simply delete your entire installation...  Delete the original database and reinstall the entire package..  infact if you have a fast connection..  I'd suggest you actually start from scratch.. 

All the best..  R.A.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i was using as my browser Firefox, i have also cleared browser's cache and cookies, but the problem is that when i'm login vbulletin tells me that's my pass and user tha's right but he continue to redirect me back to login page, for me maybe that in any pages there's something wrong, as i can i'll try to made a new one installation of VBulletin...but before i'll try your soluction :D

uhm...i think i'll change my board if a new installation not run correctly :D

thx man for your help!

Delete all traces of it from your mysql....Then delete the directory it is in....Then reinstall it.That is the best way to do thigns for now...If that doesn't work though pm me the link, your username, your pass...All for the board that your installing, of course :D....And I will see if I can get it going for you :D. Then you can change your pass to w.e you want and hope for all the best ;).

First things about installing most BBS or CMS is to create your database first, then populate the database you created with the tables that the BBS or CMS needs to operate...guess what will happen to a new install that finds the database that has no tables it will be sutck on the first action because it can't read a non existant table, mostly whichever table that software requires to store such data as passwords. His donfig could be correct but the database is lacking tables. That would be the first place I would look, as it is one of the most common problems I have to answer when people install MODs that I Port to the phpBB for PHP-Nuke.