xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ignition

Garry's Mod: Half Life 2 Modification

If you play or have played Half Life 2, then I'm sure you've heard of this.

Garry's Mod is a tiny (3 mb) mod that lets you mess with the physics in HL2. You can do pretty much whatever you want to do...it is very addictive.

You can view more about the mod here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

And a couple videos I have creating using the mod here:

^ I'm not sure if the rapidshare.de link works or not...it doesn't for me. You only upload to it through your browser, and I'm not sure whether it timed out or not.

Anyways...enjoy the mod/videos :D

Garrys Mod is great. It really adds to the game and makes it fun once you finish Half Life 2. It really is worth the download. The newest version (7) uses an easy to use menu driven interface and gives you a lot more options than the older versions. Spending you time creating cannons/rockets from explosive barrels and firing them in the general direction of a bunch of zombies is a very fun way to spend spare time.

make sure to check your system specs!!! I had a friend who had a Radeon 9550, and it crashed his machine. You will need an better than good system in order to have tons of fun with this mod. I have a 9800 pro, and it still runs extremely choppy when I mp with it. Sorry for double post, hit wrong button.

[by: Kevlar557] "make sure to check your system specs!!! I had a friend who had a Radeon 9550, and it crashed his machine. You will need an better than good system in order to have tons of fun with this mod. I have a 9800 pro, and it still runs extremely choppy when I mp with it. Sorry for double post, hit wrong button. " The Video card probaly wasn't the problem for him, It was mostlikely the RAM and the CPU. You need atleaced 1 GB(1024 mb) of RAM and a processor that can run at I think it was 201 mhz (around a P4, or a Athlon 64 3000+) and please don't double post.Garrys mod is a mod that I use to make alot of backgrounds and sigs. It's probaly my favorite HL2 mod right now.

I really can't be bothered to try it out - reinstall again and it's not just my thing Posted Image

However find it fantastic concept which sprung up projects like concerned.

http://www.hlcomic.com/

Half-Life 2 comic, and its done swell. I like it although I have to catch up from what was posted few months ago Posted Image

Just so if your thinking of playin off the counter strike source, it is a much smoother and more enjoyable game if you run it off the half life source. Plus I have heard a lot about garry's mod crashing when it uses the counter strike source, It's probably best to use the Half-life 2 source.

Is it needed hl2 to run gmod?Garry's Mod: Half Life 2 Modification

Is it needed hl2 to run gmod?Is it needed hl2 to run gmod? I think its needed but I don't now

-reply by Dinonemesis

You need to own at least one game with Source SDK and have played it once for Garry's mod to work.I thought this game was great and had lots of fun with it. I never got around to buying version 10, but I have played version 9 a lot.The also have a ton of mods and addons for basically anything in the forums.Such as a wilderness survival mode and Combine invasion maps.