xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ruelluis

Css cascading style sheets

i love using cascading style sheets in my website. it just reduces the copy and pasting on all the pages in html based pages. all you have to do is create another file and name it "style.css" and link it to the html pages that you want the styles to be in. and vola the styles are embedded into the page you want it in.you could even make your own tags via the styles. absolutely anything you like it to be. it just gives it instuctions for the tags. saves time in the loading on your pages and the developing time on the pages. another feature is to customise the scroll bars, in the internet explorer only though... so if you want to save time on making your sebsite i rekon you should use the styles file and link it to your pages. editing the style file can change all of your html page its linked to. i just works wonders.

Of course people always need an appropriate tool for css editing and validating. In my opinion, TopStyle of Bradbury is the top of standalone CSS editor softwares out there. You could use Dreamweaver or others web designing software to do so but what if some people do not have Dreamweaver or familiar with it?

So give it a go if you'd like.

TopStyle Lite 3.10 is free of course but TopStyle Pro. Download it at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I think it is great to use css for websites. It will make all of your pages change if you use an external link for the css file and edit the file. A really neat program that is great for css is call Simple Css. The name says it all. It can be downloaded from Download.com. In thier search fuction just enter Simple Css and bingo the fastest and easiest css program you will ever use. :D

I did notice a response about not being able to preview something or the other but I am downloading the file just to see what it is and how is corks in Comparison to let's say HTML Kit ( it is a little bigger but it does so much) I love that editor and use it for my PHP as well as XHTML, validating code, CSS and JavaScript, and MySQL.Let you know what I think about this one...I like FREE

I used HTML Kit in the past, I found it to be just as handy as DW, yes, HTML Kit misses some DW things, but for a free program it is extremely good. It's on my "need to download it when I got Windows back* list. ALways will be :D I too recommend this program.