xisto Community
Xevian

New Virus Alert! Especially for those MSN messenger users

Watch out MSN users! There is a new virus... Maybe its old... But once it get into your computer, it automatically sends a copy of the virus to all your contacts via MSN messenger... I almost got hit by one, but norton stopped it! There are many different names it is hiding under... My friend's computer sent me "The cat and the fan" It sented another copy to my other friend... She got "The frog and the fish" There are many combinations... So be careful!Sorry to double post, but I found yet another one... "Mona Lisa wants her smile back" Its another virus!------------------No problem - mergedm^e

Yes but these viruses mostly are harmless, some have been looked at code wise and all they do is spread, run a Virus scan its gone, theres nothing it does hust spreads itself. Also its kinda your own fault to take files you dont know what there gonna do. Aslong as people dont actually start believeing messages can be viruses which ive roared at like 4 people today alone. I actually scared one of them with a PHP script.

Yes but these viruses mostly are harmless, some have been looked at code wise and all they do is spread, run a Virus scan its gone, theres nothing it does hust spreads itself. Also its kinda your own fault to take files you dont know what there gonna do. Aslong as people dont actually start believeing messages can be viruses which ive roared at like 4 people today alone. I actually scared one of them with a PHP script.

A virus which is harmless and is spreading in your computer takes up space.. If it takes too much, you could get your computer clogged up!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some times virus creators make harmless viruses to see the impact on the target (us) and for people to get complacent about them. Then a second third and fourth are released with the same names that are deadly.

Always tread a virus treat as harmful if you want to be safe at all times. Like I have been taught always expect the worst in an alarming situation. Viruses are not to be taken lightly no matter what kind.

but some harmles either...Some of this viruses don't run malicious scrpts on your pc, but they copy themself throuth your machine, fiiling your hd with junk files. The worst is taht ist has different names everytime, so it very difficult to get rid o them

but some harmles either...
Some of this viruses don't run malicious scrpts on your pc, but they copy themself throuth your machine, fiiling your hd with junk files. The worst is taht ist has different names everytime, so it very difficult to get rid of them

Yes, what you said is very true, It clogs up your computer making it hard to get something done... Besides, these could in fact trigger one with malicious scripts in it... Then the computer is doomed...

Run proper protection, I could say i will download a virus and would be confident it wouldnt harm me, and if it did, I wouldnt loose much data, if you take care and keep a record metally of what should and shouldnt be there along with not following links that you are told to goto that have obvious extentionsI would for example never link someone directly to a .exe .pif .cmd etc I would give them the site.

Run proper protection, I could say i will download a virus and would be confident it wouldnt harm me, and if it did, I wouldnt loose much data, if you take care and keep a record metally of what should and shouldnt be there along with not following links that you are told to goto that have obvious extentions

I would for example never link someone directly to a .exe .pif .cmd etc I would give them the site.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I solve that easily. Especially those .exe, .pif, .cmd, .bat files... I don't hit any key in that window and just decline. Even if I know who is sending it. Most of the people I know, or have on my messengers don't even know what command line is, let alone willingly spread stuff like that. So if for some reason that screenname attempts a transfer of such files, I just know it's not them doing it, but some virus LOL. So I give em call (yes, I do call folks in the US etc, which is bloody expensive LOL, or I just text them on the cell).

to prevert these viruses or other viruses, you should be careful of what your visting or downloading onto your computer. also you should have a anit virus install and a firewal to prevert hacker from infiltrating your computer. the internet can be a horrible place for computers users that are not careful. if this virus is not harmful you should worry about it then. you should if its damaging to your computer and the data on the computer.

to prevert these viruses or other viruses, you should be careful of what your visting or downloading onto your computer. also you should have a anit virus install and a firewal to prevert hacker from infiltrating your computer.
the internet can be a horrible place for computers users that are not careful. if this virus is not harmful you should worry about it then. you should if its damaging to your computer and the data on the computer.

I have quite enough protection from these minor viruses... About the big ones... I can handle them manually! I hate virus script writers... Wonder who pays them to do this useless crap...

my friend took that virus -.- and send it to me...fortunately i never open anything if i'm not sure -.-" with this virus is a personal fault if u we're infected :Di think e good antivirus can prevent this =)AVG Rulez :D

Virus "writers" arent paid unless they work for an anti virus firm, in which case they just make them to test the product out right. Usually they dont get released and if they do are usually harmless.

Yeah, I almost got hit with this virus. Some random person I've talked to in the past sent me a message saying "OMG this is cute! <insert link here>". Fortunately, saying OMG was completely out of character for them, so I asked them about it, and they explained. o_O;; That, and I clicked on it, and when it asked me to download it, I noticed it was an .exe file, so I cancelled immediately.Well, I'd say a nice combination of Firefox, ZoneAlarm, and either Norton or McAffe Antivirus will do the trick at stopping and containing infections. I've had all three on my computer for awhile, and nothing's gotten through. At least, nothing that I've noticed... <_< >_>