xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ryan1405241476

Tos Question

Ok i want to start a new site but it gets kinaaod fuzzy near the illegal/hacking part, is's more something like hackthissite.org but it won't damage the server in anyway unless you fail to properly secure it, but that might happen anyway, they won't hack the site persay, thats just the name, they have simulations of finding out password using diffrent methods, manipulating scripts, they will never gain anything like ftp access and i personally concieter it more computer security but want to check first.

Ryan,I recommend that you contact OpaQue directly via Personal Message.While your page may be setup for education or entertainment, I could very easily become a problem. The domain name screams trouble.Good luck.vujsa

The answer is no, a site with that kind of name/content will attract hackers. Even if you don't have that intention they would be trying to see if they can. And in order to hack your website they would hack the server that everyone is hosted on. Anytime you setup a server like that it has to be dedicated or you will trash other users data also.Nils

The answer is no, a site with that kind of name/content will attract hackers. Even if you don't have that intention they would be trying to see if they can. And in order to hack your website they would hack the server that everyone is hosted on. Anytime you setup a server like that it has to be dedicated or you will trash other users data also.

Nils

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they do not hack the sever, they manipulate php scripts and figure out passwords, they never gain accceess to the server, the challenges are simulated script manipulation or cracking passwords from diffrent types of protection, i do plan on having some challenge to break into an actual server but thats will only be if someone will donate a dedicated server for a couple of days when i want to have that challenge, they DO NOT gain access to the server the site is hosted on, the Xisto server.

I think what NilsC is trying to say is that if you make such a site, actual hackers (Not the ones playing the challenges to look for passwords) will come and try to actually hack your whole site, not just the challenges, which hacks the whole server too. That wouldn't be nice. :D

Sorry, I cannot approve this Request at any cost. Nilsc is right and we are here to serve. We find time out of our busy schedule to help people here and we simply cant afford any consequences related to this site.I do understand that you dont have any evil intensions but as a precaution and to maintain server uptime. I cannot approve this.