xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
firedoor

What Is...[are] Your Favorite Programs On Your Pc

I was just wonderign what everyones top 5 favorite programs were on thier pc?

My number one has to be Opera, basically I.E 6.0 is crap, they got rid of every good and left you with a browser that radomly desites to close down or order 2000 backcopies of "fishermen weekly" for no apparent reason. I did use firefox for a while but i didn't really take to it, then i got opera and have recently updated to 8 beta i find it really good once you've configured it. Still similar to firefox but i still prefer opera.

2- Photoshop, as i've mentioned messing around in photoshop is one of my pass times, I don't find it as easy to come up with original art peices using it, i need fireworks and 3dsmax for that, but it's useful for putting everything together and blending. And it comes in very handy for designing web graphics.

3- Dreamweaver, i wouldn't have half the site i had at the moment if it wasn't thanks to dreamweaver, really useful but can be a pain in the a** at times. Apart from that i managed to make a semi-proffeisonal looking website about 5 minutes after i installed it.

4- Open Office, as i can't offord MS office this has made a brilliant substitute. I find no reason to go out and buy MS if i have this, it does everything and a bit more (but i have to add that it does a bit less as well). The only down side i have for it is the spell check. I have never and proberbly will never be able to spell too well, and the spell check on this isn't as good as MS's but it does have the Real English words listed as well as the yanks version.

5- MSN Messenger, the only microsoft product to make it too my list, i'm not anti-microsoft, after all i own an xbox, i just go for freeware. I like this program for the very obvious reason that i can cehck up on my mates and my e-mails and have a laugh on it.

Editted because of a few not so nice words :D hope it's ok Firedoor, other then the few cuss words, good post :D --MoonWitch

Edited by moonwitch (see edit history)

for me it would have to be.....Kopete (open source Chat client for MSN messenger, amungst other things)it supports automatic language translation with google ballblefish service...you can have real time chats with different languages without either person understanding the others native language... priceless !K3B (cd/dvd writer) similar ot Nero.Emerge (tool for auto downloading and installing software)Gcc (where would i be without my compiler !)ooohhhh, and Ksensors.dont ask why, but i just find it amsuing watching my cpu tempreture and fan speed rise under heavy load..And in the oldern Days, before i switched to Gnu/Linux i LOVED the windows 98 defragmentor porgram... i loved watching those little suqares change colour and move.it was like a laval lamp, sooo relexing.

1. Firefox: Yeah, a browser can pretty accomplish tasks of other programs such as NotePad, calculator. But it's not made to do that, because it's slower that way. Anyway, it's great.2. Photoshop: For all my graphic editing needs. All the functions I can ever think of that I would need and lots of ways to export your image. Starts up slow though...3. mIRC: I use mIRC to get on IRC on Windows. I made a Matrix-like color theme for it... :D It has its own scripting language too to make stuff like bots or games.4. NotePad: Edit texts and other things such as executables, data files, and scripts.5. Flash: I put this as my fifth because I use the above ones more often than this one. Just a great program to draw, animate and make interactive stuff. Has ActionScript. It would get a higher rank if I do more Flash stuff.

Mmm, it is hard to actually "rank" the programs...

FireFox and Thunderbird : I use this more than anything else on this computer :D

Notepad ++ : I use this instead of the normal notepad, this is the same but way more, it has nice syntaxhighlighting and tabbed interface :D Here's the link.

WinAmp : I would be lost without my music, I almost never have silence, even when sleeping I have music playing. It silences the thoughts (but let's not go there LOL)

Dreamweaver and Flash MX Pro (I should write Studio MX though, but Flash and Dreamweaver are the main ones I use): Gah, even though I am NOT good at Flash, I still like it.

PhotoShop WITH ImageReady : together they're unbeatable, I am truly in love LOL

SSH : the program, not the protocol LOL.

Ok, so I obviously am bad in choosing a few programs only LOL, but I tried. Actually I prefer most of the programs on my computer. I've checked a lot of programs, and those I really like stay on it, those I find not meeting my needs or requirements have to go. Since I am cramming this on a wee 12GB HD.

Fifefox, Yes, I.E. has really gone down the drain now. I've been using Firefox for a while and its much better, built-in pop-up blocker and spyware killer. These are very useful as on IE I got loads of pop-ups and spyware.Dreamweaver: A great tool, easy for creating basic codes and it doesn't add in a lot of rubbish things to make it look badly written, of course it isn't as good as writing it youself, but its better than the amount of un-needed code which Frontpage puts in.Photoshop(Including ImageReady) A great and very useful program, making graphics is a hobby of mine, Photoshop may not be the easiest of programs to begin with, but with experience you can create great things.Flash: Good for making games, animations and websites, it has the works, its easy to use and is very useful.MSN Messenger: All my friends have it and its great, the smileys aren't crap, they have a limit on nudges(10 seconds) and the winks are fantastic, it allows you to be busy, away, out for lunch and other statuses rather than the basic, Online, Offline and away.I love all of these great programs.

Netscape-Yeah I'm a netscaper, so what. Netscape is awesome, better than that other trash you guys are using. Game Maker- I like making games, so that;s why I picked GMPivot Stick Figure Animator: Pivot is pretty neat, it's a stick movie make, I use it often.People PC: Well I have to get online somehow (Dial up...pff)Macromedia Studio MX, I find freehand useless, but everything else is fine.

Here's my list:Firefox: what would i do without u?Macromedia dreamweaver, fireworks and flash: my toolset for web programming and designingMSN messengerNotepad :-)and a couple of games (lemonade tycoon is my favourite)

My favourite programs are:

1. Firefox - A easy-to-manage web browser with many good features

2. mIRC - The chat client i am using mostly

3. MSN Messenger - Another chat client i am using much.

4. LimeWire - A nice P2P program with many users, you can find what you want

5. Photoshop/ImageReady - I use it often for editing my images, and stuff.

My top 5 pc program would have to be....1. Opera - One of the more faster browsers that I have seen around. Compared to IE (microsoft crap) its light speed. This program also has custom skins and a pop-up blocker that actually works!2. Frontpage 2000 - This is the only Microsoft program I have ever liked. Its a really good html editor that I use to correct things and add more to my website. The only thing I really dont like about this program is your host has to have frontpage extensions to use the navigation tools.3. Ulead PhotoImpact - This is a great photo editing program also used for websites. You can pretty much do anything to a picture. You can convert images to differnt file types and tons more.4. Yahoo Messenger - This is by far the best messenger in my opinion. I have tried most other messengers and they dont even have half the features that Yahoo Messenger has. The one thing I dont like is the time to install it depends on your internet connection.5. Amorphium Pro - This is a 3D modeling program that I use for alot of things. You can render anything from a still .bmp to an animated flash file. This is really good for website use.And those are my top 5 :D

Hmmm... Most used programs I think are these:

1) mIRC (I think I woun't explain what's this... :D )

2) Winamp (you know, mp3 player)

3) Nero Burning Rom 6 (newest version, in my opinion this is the best CD burning software)

5) Virtual CD v6 (makes CD available from your HDD, while the real one can lie on shell :D )

BIG software:

1) MS Office 2003 professional

2) Adobe Photoshop CS (its 8th (newest) graphic editing software version)

3) Norton System Works 2005 (keeps my PC safe from viruses and variuos errors)

;)

*Edit : Please do not list programs to obtain software or that kind in an illegal way. I have removed that part of your post.

-- MoonWitch

Edited by moonwitch (see edit history)

MSN Messenger 6.2- Crashes less often now but I still use 6.2 since the BETA seems bloated to me. It is the only means of communications between me and the Girl Guide that I have a crush on :D

Mozilla Firefox- My favourite secured web browsing tool with ad-blocking feature and mouse gestures.

Ares Galaxy- The best P2P program I've came across so far. LimeWire is nice but it lacks certain features that I wanted.

Microsoft Office 2003- I downloaded the trial version of Microsoft's website and entered an activation code I got from the net. I use this program since I'm always solo when doing projectwork. OpenOffice would have been my choice if it get rids of the bullet that keeps showing in Microsoft Powerpoint.

Free Download Manager- For handling huge downloads. It is a freeware with more features when you actually compare them with commercial versions.

Eraser- I use it to delete things since I can't stand the fact that programs deleted to the Recycle Bin can always be recycled.

Paint Shop Pro 9- A program that has everything that you need for image editing.

#1: Firefox. I've tried opera, netscape and many others, but firefox is my favorite. I like it so much, I pressured the network admin at my school to put it on all of the machines in the school. He did that, and he even disabled IE on all of the computers.#2: Getright. For those massive files that take yoears to download, getright is the bomb. With the accelerated downloading, I'm finally up to 20% on downloading 3dmark05 after a week :D #3:Winamp. I've had winamp from version 2 all the way to 5. You can't beat the features, skins and plug-ins. Did I mention the price and size?#4: Frontpage 2003. The only microsoft program I usually use. I still don't really know how to use it, but I'm slowly learning. It's relatively easy to make a basic site, but some of the features can be confusing#5: Alchohol 120%. The gamer's best friend. Alchohol allows you to copy cd's to your hard drive, and mount them on a virtual drive. It also allows you to make copies of cd's, even with the encoding. Of course, I do not do this, or would recommend anyone doing this, because in certain circumstances, it is agansed the law. :D