xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
characato1405241476

Street Fighter Opinions about Street Fighter

I remember I played Street Fighter a very long time ago, it was really a superb game, as I remember my first times with it I used a NES machine to play it, we played it by groups of friends, lots of joysticks were broken, even though it wasn't the only game we've played, mortal combat and other there playable too.. I never liked the old Street fighter on other machines, on PC or Amiga computers it was really lame, same for Mortal Combat, later it was much cooler to play Tekken on PS1 :rolleyes:I never played or saw any new versions of Street fighter.. :P

I played it on NES too, played 2 versions one was pretty easy since the special moves' combinations were very obvious to figure out. And the other version was a bit harder since it took me longer to figure out the moves. And well if you don't know the moves you can't win anything, especially versus computer. I remember i played with Rio i think, the guy in white who can jump and spin around :rolleyes:. Good days...Any ways after that i played it on PS one and then... well i stopped playing it, i played mortal combat after wards but Street fighter was the best.Edit: this is an old topic, why are you guys resurecting it:P?

Edited by khalilov (see edit history)

I have been a fan once it hit the arcades... It is just as fun, but when you are coughing up coins to play, you try to get your player down so you can rule and keep playing with losing quarters! That is how I started to learn and play... Then some other dude will come by and bump you off of your winning streak when coming into fighting against you! Then if he or she is better then you get bumped off and they keep going... But I have gone through a lot of coin battling people too!And then it came to SNES... and man Super Street Fighter 2 The Next Challengers came along and added every fighter... And you could change colors... and beat the main guy with his clone Bison.... It freaking owned big time! But that was the last I have played... Don't know about the newer systems and how it plays out... I have seemed to moved to Mortal Kombat... Now if Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat aligned MK style... That would be sweet!Midway versus Capcom Mortal Kombat style! Sorry got a little off topic.... OR DID I!!??

Street Fighter 2 was the most overrated game in history. It spawned the birth of todays fighting games, like that wasn't going to happen anyway? It's more like it spawned a whole trend of developers stuffing arcades with loads and loads of crappy fighting games, causing every arcade to close down.It also helped with the stupid hype of high megabit count where you put the game on a cartridge that is 4 times the actual game's size just to blow ignorant people minds into thinking the game is better than it really is. If you really knew how to do the math, you would know how little memory these games really are. The arcade version of Street Fighter 2 was known to be 55 megabits, with sprites that are about 96x64 pixels on average, with 4bpp (aka 16 color sprites), there are also 12 characters. That's (55 x 1024 x 1024)bits / 4bpp / 96 pixels tall / 64 pixels wide / 12 characters = 196 frames per character. 196 frames per charactor my *bottom*. The game had more like 40 frames for every character and some of the frames recycled body parts from other frames. Not to mentioned Ryu and Ken were almost just pallette swaps. Are people this dumb?The moves are also dull and basic such as a punch, a kick, another punch only stronger, another kick only stronger, a punch with your other hand, a kick with your other foot. It had no cool moves like turning around and kicking behind you, then spin jump while kicking his face with your other foot, then give your opponent a body slam using your feet while back flipping. Street Fighter 2 had none of that stuff.The animation really got into the way of playing the game, because the moves all took way too long and it didn't let you move again til the move was over. Take for instance a punching animation. You hit the button and he punches, then his fist stays in the attack frame for about one second, and it doesn't let you hit again until he moves his fist down. What it should do is instead of attacking fast then remain there for about a second then pop back into stance position, it should attack fast then release slightly slower, immediately after your fist hits the opponant. The release should be perfectly interruptable so you can make another hit directly after you hit your opponent. I just happen to be an animator so this really annoys me.The characters themselves look really generic and also ---. Big hairy guys in their underwear with big muscles? Like this hasn't been done before. There is a 3 letter word for this if anyone can guess it.Why did they make so many versions of this game? Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Super Street Fighter 2, Super Duper Street Fighter 2, Super Duper Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Super Duper Charmon Ultra Street Fighter 2 Turbo Deluxe Hyper Champion Edition. All of them having very tiny difference that only a person playing the games for 24 hours a day 7 days a week could notice them.Most people say the Snes version was an excellent port, but I say the Snes version was a crappy version. Every version of that game was crappy nomatter what system it was on, but what do you expect? How can you make an excellent water down port of an arcade game, if the arcade game was already crappy to begin with?-reply by andy