xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Knoppix 3.8 At The Cebit 2005

KNOPPIX is a bootable CD with a collection of GNU/Linux software, automatic hardware detection, and support for many graphics cards, sound cards, SCSI and USB devices and other peripherals. KNOPPIX can be used as a Linux demo, educational CD, rescue system, or adapted and used as a platform for commercial software product demos. It is not necessary to install anything on a hard disk. Due to on-the-fly decompression, the CD can have up to 2 GB of executable software installed on it.
Knoppix version 3.8 will be presented and given away in printed version on CeBit 2005 in hall 9

Notice from snlildude87:
Do not plagiarize. If you do, at least offer your insights on the topic. Thank you.

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

I used for a while Knoppix v3.6 (i think). At a point I was thinking to stick to it but I had some problems with the save settings option ... the one that should save the desktop and the settings of you OS after you shut down the computer.Anyway it looked great and detected all my hardware succesfully.

I thought it was an excellent example of how user-friendly Linux can be for an average user. I tried it out a little, looks nice, but my top end PC is for gaming and windows programming, so, it's really not useful there, and my bottom end computers can't even run Knoppix, so, again not useful. One problem I did have, though, was when I tried to show it off on someone else's system, and Knoppix refused to even boot in (it'd boot, but it'd just freeze part-way through the load). :blink:Anyway, good stuff.By the way, ivanc, good work with the copy and pasting there... I'm sure that took a lot of effort and thought. :angry: