xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
l337 Nurse Pedestrian

Why Does Firefox Look Like Internet Explorer? ...

you can skin firefox in 2 ways, the normal firefox skins.. OR you can use GNOME's GTK engine skins. (yep, firefox uses the Gimp Tool Kit)

i dont see firefox looks like internet explorer. to me it just looks like any other mozilla internet browser. yup you can skin the broser to any thing you like. i think you can do this with the netscape mozilla browser too, i use netscape but still havent came accross any skins for the netscape.there is a function for it but i only have the mordern version and classic version which came with the installation.

Firefox does look like Internet Explorer, but it's not the interface that we should judge, but the fact that it is much more secure, it has many more featuures and extensions, and simply that it is open source and not Micro%oft.

Right ive gone to reply to this so many times but didnt but now im going to, moonwitch you already know my feelings on this so you dont have to listen to my rant.

I've noticed how much Mozilla Firefox looks really like Internet Explorer.

EH?!?!?!? it doesnt, all rbowsers need an address bar and some menus but it doesnt look like Internet Explorer, infact its radically different, why do all OS's look the same? A mac and windows, linux could all be compared but we know they dont actually look the same, similar yes but a Mac or KDEor Gnome dont look like windows, similar in appaerance and functionality but dont actually look the same, the same case is with firefox, yes similar interface but doesnt look like IE in any way.

It seems that the only thing they did was change the buttons, add RSS, and tabs

RSS takes a bit of coding to pull off and tabs is quite a major lot of code, I would hardly shrug it off as a simple thing. Also, bookmarks, history, control panel all are different are they not? View source, downloads etc? are all different.
Gecko? you do know theres an entire engine thats a complete own coded thing that doesnt use any IE code.

Thank you qwijibow you got it right. :D

Sorry for the rant but a lot of people are finding as many way as possible to either bad mouth firefox or pretend its something else. Take the recent java exploit for example.

Point: Firefox doesnt look like internet explorer.

firefox does look like IE. maybe not in 100% , but it's very simmiliar. And thats GREAT!why?lets see... many pepople use IE, cause they used it always, from the beginning, and they are accustomed to it. they afraid to change web browser, because they think that everything is differnet, and they will have only problems with new browser.so they can look at Firefox and say: - cool, it is not so strange. it's simmiliar to my IE. maybe i'll try it. and some of them throws out IE.so where is the problem?